This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So explain to me why the Torchic event is annoying to people again

#1FeatherinePosted 8/17/2013 9:59:34 AM
Out of sheer ignorance, I really can't really see why something that will likely take literally less than five minutes of anybody's time is "annoying," especially since events have been a thing for more than seven years.
#2MetaFalconPunchPosted 8/17/2013 10:00:58 AM
Because there's no other way to get the Blazikenite, so if you miss the event, you're screwed.

It's not like everyone's getting X/Y at launch ya know.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#3paiprPosted 8/17/2013 10:02:54 AM
because they assume there wont ever be another way to get blazekinite. even though most of these people will play through the game at least once if not twice by the time the dead line is up.

id be more upset if they announced you couldnt trade mega stones.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#4NegaZeldaPosted 8/17/2013 10:02:58 AM
Probably because it has a time limit. It lasts 4 months IIRC (longer than any other Poke event), but events have always been like this as you said. Trade is always an option. I can't recall whether Griseous Orb can be traded, but if it can then I would assume Blazikenite can too.
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
Black 2 FC: 0132-9980-0476 (Aki), 3DS FC: 5284-2520-2972
#5ArabianPenguinsPosted 8/17/2013 10:04:43 AM
Everyone has an opinion and people will always complain. You might as well deal with it and move on.

If I were to miss the event, it wouldn't be a big deal because I am sure that I could trade for another Torchic.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#6XazealPosted 8/17/2013 10:05:16 AM
Want to start a new file after the event is over but you only have one copy of the game? Going to have to trade for that Blazikenite, which will get more and more difficult as time passes.

Is it horrendous and life-ruining? No. But it sure is annoying.
---
Official Officialty of the Officialityness Board.
#7LeebeenitePosted 8/17/2013 10:08:29 AM
Think about people who are getting shipped off to boot camp or the Navy sailors who have to travel on a boat for months or someone who gets stationed in Iraq

You people think just because you can easily get these event only pokemon that everyone else should be able to

For example, I'm gettig shipped off to Navy boot camp next month so I won't be getting this mega Blaziken even though I want one really bad
#8ArabianPenguinsPosted 8/17/2013 10:12:52 AM
Leebeenite posted...
Think about people who are getting shipped off to boot camp or the Navy sailors who have to travel on a boat for months or someone who gets stationed in Iraq

You people think just because you can easily get these event only pokemon that everyone else should be able to

For example, I'm gettig shipped off to Navy boot camp next month so I won't be getting this mega Blaziken even though I want one really bad

Well said.

In that case, maybe I will download the Torchic. Will you have access to Wi-Fi? If so, I will just trade you both the Torchic and the item.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#9DrakoVongola1Posted 8/17/2013 10:18:06 AM(edited)
Because it's a time limit. If someone gets the game after January they can't get Blazikenite (Barring trades), which kind of sucks for people who wanna get everything.

I'm personally not too worried about it, I do plan to get it sometime soon after launch, and it makes sense that Torchic would be event only seeing how starters aren't found in the wild (Although it would be nice if Blazikenite was obtainable normally), but I can see why other people would be upset about it.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#10LeebeenitePosted 8/17/2013 10:18:14 AM
ArabianPenguins posted...
Leebeenite posted...

Well said.

In that case, maybe I will download the Torchic. Will you have access to Wi-Fi? If so, I will just trade you both the Torchic and the item.

That's really generous but I'm not sure. I kind of doubt it. Thanks though.