This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So explain to me why the Torchic event is annoying to people again

#11kingjam1Posted 8/17/2013 10:18:18 AM
Probably because it means Game Freak are willing to make some Mega Evolutions trade only. Not to mention people forget that you can only get one per file, not everybody is getting the game at launch and they overestimate how nice people are. Hacking or cloning has existed in pretty much every other generation.
---
Can't think of anything
#12ArabianPenguinsPosted 8/17/2013 10:29:06 AM
Leebeenite posted...
ArabianPenguins posted...
Leebeenite posted...
Think about people who are getting shipped off to boot camp or the Navy sailors who have to travel on a boat for months or someone who gets stationed in Iraq

You people think just because you can easily get these event only pokemon that everyone else should be able to

For example, I'm gettig shipped off to Navy boot camp next month so I won't be getting this mega Blaziken even though I want one really bad

Well said.

In that case, maybe I will download the Torchic. Will you have access to Wi-Fi? If so, I will just trade you both the Torchic and the item.

That's really generous but I'm not sure. I kind of doubt it. Thanks though.

No problem. Lets just exchange friend codes. The next time you have access to Wi-Fi, maybe we can trade Pokemon and I will still hang on to the Torchic and item for you.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#13LeebeenitePosted 8/17/2013 1:53:46 PM
Leebeenite posted...
Leebeenite posted...
Think about people who are getting shipped off to boot camp or the Navy sailors who have to travel on a boat for months or someone who gets stationed in Iraq

You people think just because you can easily get these event only pokemon that everyone else should be able to

For example, I'm gettig shipped off to Navy boot camp next month so I won't be getting this mega Blaziken even though I want one really bad

Well said.

In that case, maybe I will download the Torchic. Will you have access to Wi-Fi? If so, I will just trade you both the Torchic and the item.

That's really generous but I'm not sure. I kind of doubt it. Thanks though.

No problem. Lets just exchange friend codes. The next time you have access to Wi-Fi, maybe we can trade Pokemon and I will still hang on to the Torchic and item for you.

I don't have a 3ds. I won't be buying one until I graduate from boot camp and A school
#14MellowLyricistPosted 8/17/2013 2:14:46 PM
It annoys me because it's become another Mew/Celebi/Deoxys/Jirachi/Manaphy/Shaymin/Darkrai/Arceus/Victini/Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect.

Except it's a freakin' starter. Get that noise out of here.
---
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born
#15Dragoon StarPosted 8/17/2013 2:24:33 PM(edited)
Featherine posted...
Out of sheer ignorance, I really can't really see why something that will likely take literally less than five minutes of anybody's time is "annoying," especially since events have been a thing for more than seven years.

That's not the issue. Any fool could get one at launch. But how many times has your data been corrupted or your save files lost. If that happens after the event is over what then? Obviously you better hope there is duping or people will not let go of their stone.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice. Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand. Including me. - Dawn and Dusk
#16Biased_GamerPosted 8/17/2013 2:25:05 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Because there's no other way to get the Blazikenite, so if you miss the event, you're screwed.

It's not like everyone's getting X/Y at launch ya know.

Tell me about it... -_-
---
Not changing the top sig until a new Gotcha Force video game is announced. (7/11/2013)
Official Susanoomon of nowhere accepted.
#17a_fartn_SpartanPosted 8/17/2013 2:44:09 PM
How does this work again? Can you only download Torchic 1 time per game/3DS? If so, that's kinda annoying. I'd love to have 1 that I use during my walkthrough and 1 that I EV train for competitive use.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#18mnkboy907Posted 8/17/2013 3:13:11 PM
If they were to distribute it like actual DLC, then it would stay on your SD card and you'd be able to keep it even after starting a new save file. I get the feeling they're not going to go that route, though, and it'll just be normal limited SpotPass like the items in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
---
http://i.imgur.com/z7h3ZVX.jpg
"First time I got punched in the face, I was like "oh no", then I was like "this is a story"."
#19MagikarpRulesPosted 8/17/2013 3:15:34 PM
To be honest, I'm sure that even if the event didn't have a time limit someone would find a reason to complain.
#20mnkboy907Posted 8/17/2013 3:17:51 PM(edited)
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
How does this work again? Can you only download Torchic 1 time per game/3DS? If so, that's kinda annoying. I'd love to have 1 that I use during my walkthrough and 1 that I EV train for competitive use.

You will be able to breed it for more Torchics, you know. >_>

Well, unless they pull a Ruby/Sapphire on us and cut off connectivity to older games while also making Ditto unobtainable in X/Y, that is.
---
http://i.imgur.com/z7h3ZVX.jpg
"First time I got punched in the face, I was like "oh no", then I was like "this is a story"."