This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

...so uh...did mega evolution just lose all practicality?

#1YoyokuKOPosted 8/17/2013 11:50:14 AM
button activated?
entry hazards will never go away will they...
#2Zoramon089Posted 8/17/2013 11:52:05 AM
I think the bigger question is your incredible lack of creativity if the only reason you wanted megaevolutions was to combat entry hazards...
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0364 4689
"Have you actually seen the scene in question? It needs some crackers to go with its cheese." - Poppadop
#3Twilight_SonataPosted 8/17/2013 11:52:45 AM
Are you joking? The way that everybody's been talking about that, I'm more under the impression that that's way too good. Or did you miss the part where the activation doesn't take up your turn?
#4RotomGuy3Posted 8/17/2013 11:53:07 AM
I fail to understand how button activated stops what you wanted.

Can someone explain?
#5sandstormflygonPosted 8/17/2013 11:53:28 AM
if Charizard gets one that would be his problem maybe absol but he won't be that affected.
#6SorceressTharjaPosted 8/17/2013 11:53:57 AM
Button activated, but doesn't cost a turn. If we get something that has scrappy as it's mega ability and rapid spin, we can Mega+Rapid Spin on the same time.

As for Mega Absol? Espeon probably does it better anyway. Mega Absol will benefit from it, definitely, but in a different way. Absol's MB will aid sweeping.
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 8/17/2013 11:58:55 AM
sandstormflygon posted...
if Charizard gets one that would be his problem maybe absol but he won't be that affected.

It'll still effect Absol because you have to switch him in in the first place. Magic Bounce only works upon getting hit by SR. Even then, SR doesn't hurt unless you're switching into it.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#8YoyokuKO(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 11:59:24 AM
man you guys get hostile quick.

i missed whole no turn thing, but still. calm down with the elitism.
#9CM_PonchPosted 8/17/2013 12:03:14 PM
There's no elitism, you just said something dumb
---
http://i.minus.com/iMiDLgXxPQ0kY.gif
http://i.minus.com/iHB1Qp9HBxaNP.gif
#10JoJoX200Posted 8/17/2013 12:05:06 PM
Mega evolution is way more practical than I could have hoped for.
Button activated but not costing you a turn can help in many ways:

- Taking advantage of TWO abilities in one battle. Mawile can come in and intimidate the foe to probably make them switch and hit the switch in hard with Huge Power boosted moves. Justified Absol is another good example and leaves the opponent predicting hard because it can turn into a status mirror anytime. Static Ampharos potentially paralyzes a foe when switching in before transforming.

- Unpredictability. Assuming team preview still exists, using several potential mega pokemon in one team leaves the opponent in the dark until it actually happens. Instant or prebattle transformation(which was ruled out anyway) would have ruined that. Absol was already mentioned.

- Less weaknesses. So far only true for Amphy who can switch into Ice moves before evolution because of quite good special bulk and thus is arguably easier to get in without a sacrifice than other dragons.