This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which region had the best city names?

#11GolurkcanflyPosted 8/17/2013 7:15:53 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Golurkcanfly posted...
Gen 2. Probably because the color theme in Gen 1 is too boring. The plant theme is much better.

Aside from New Bark Town, the cities in Johto had a plant theme and a color theme.

But, FuneralCake. There's Azalea town.
---
VIVA LA MEGALUCION!
#12Archwing3441Posted 8/17/2013 7:16:34 PM
gen 1, it was the only naming scheme I noticed >_<
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#13FuneralCakePosted 8/17/2013 7:32:04 PM
Golurkcanfly posted...
But, FuneralCake. There's Azalea town.

If violet, cherry, and mahogany can be colors, so too can Azalea.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#14jimrichardsPosted 8/17/2013 7:38:22 PM
I'd just like to point out that when people refer to colours, they generally don't mean every colour under the sun. In that respect, most colours are named for things that aren't colours. Hence, saying that things like mahogany, etc are colours probably isn't valid. Otherwise we might as well have towns named Bone, Eggshell, or Pale Nimbus.
---
I would prefer to be known as BlackWaltzTheThird, or just Waltz for short.
Got Animal Crossing? Join today! http://www.esoevil.com/forums/index.php
#15ChaosCreativityPosted 8/17/2013 7:41:15 PM
Johto. idk why, maybe it's just the theme song I like that makes it memorable.
#16FuneralCakePosted 8/17/2013 7:50:59 PM
jimrichards posted...
I'd just like to point out that when people refer to colours, they generally don't mean every colour under the sun. In that respect, most colours are named for things that aren't colours. Hence, saying that things like mahogany, etc are colours probably isn't valid. Otherwise we might as well have towns named Bone, Eggshell, or Pale Nimbus.

I kind of get what you're trying to say, but mahogany is just as valid of a color as things like pewter or cinnabar, which are also colors named after objects.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Johto town names incorporate both colors and plants. Some of them may be a bit of a stretch, sure, but I still don't think it's a coincidence.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#17Nomorice4UPosted 8/17/2013 8:13:42 PM
FuneralCake posted...
jimrichards posted...

I kind of get what you're trying to say, but mahogany is just as valid of a color as things like pewter or cinnabar, which are also colors named after objects.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Johto town names incorporate both colors and plants. Some of them may be a bit of a stretch, sure, but I still don't think it's a coincidence.

To be fair, pewter and cinnabar are colors only to art students and designers. To most people, using crimson and/or aquamarine as colors is already scratching the generally recognized color ceiling. Saffron, for one, is something I would never use to describe a color.
---
Capcom All Star dream team - Dr. Wily/Devilot/Donovan or Rouge/Talbain/Megaman(any)