This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope this gen has half-ghost Pokemon

#21kaiser ryuPosted 8/17/2013 9:59:13 PM
DweezleMoonunit posted...
TruePowerSeeker posted...
LibranFire posted...
You can't be half ghost, then you'd be half dead half alive and it doesn't work that way

Schrodinger's Cat?

God no, I hate that thing. It's either dead or its alive, none of this both or neither crap.

Yes but there is no way to know without looking so you must assume both if you aren't allowed to look into the box.

It is one or the other, you just don't know until the box is opened. You can't assume it's both at the same time because that is impossible. IT IS ONE OR THE OTHER NOT BOTH WE JUST DON'T HAVE ALL THE FACTS TO MAKE AN EDUCATED GUESS

The point is in quantum physics you can't have the facts until the particle is observed in one state or the other. They literally take both paths when unobserved.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#22MogKnightAzurePosted 8/17/2013 10:03:16 PM
If you're going to mention Youmu at least link her so others have an idea of what a normal-ghost might be like

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Youmu_Konpaku

But yeah, Youmu is the first and only thing that comes to mind when I think of half-ghost though ._.
#23PlasmWraithPosted 8/17/2013 11:08:35 PM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
LibranFire posted...
You can't be half ghost, then you'd be half dead half alive and it doesn't work that way

Schrodinger's Cat?

God no, I hate that thing. It's either dead or its alive, none of this both or neither crap.

Yes but there is no way to know without looking so you must assume both if you aren't allowed to look into the box.

It is one or the other, you just don't know until the box is opened. You can't assume it's both at the same time because that is impossible. IT IS ONE OR THE OTHER NOT BOTH WE JUST DON'T HAVE ALL THE FACTS TO MAKE AN EDUCATED GUESS

Sorry buddy, you don't know what you're talking about
---
( [] )