This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kanto will be either the remake or the Gen VII focus

#41bd43(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 1:06:28 AM
PlasmWraith posted...
I see why you were confused now
I meant "it would be stupid for them to skip a generation that could potentially be remade, and do the next generation" not "it would be stupid for them to skip a remake of a past game during a generation"

Still not much of an argument. I understand some may want to see Hoenn again, long before Kanto maybe even. But Kanto is a solid piece of landmass. There's a lot more you can do with it if need be. A little of it will require seeing just how large Kalos is - Because the way the describe it, it could be huge, or it could be bolstering.

And frankly, I'm not fully suggesting it'll be a remake alone. I think they could ship it with a Gen VII. They're running out of things and places worth doing as is anyway.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#42mjc0961Posted 8/18/2013 1:06:56 AM
bd43 posted...
dingo_of_jawaii posted...
It'll happen.

It's cute how an anime special comes out and you automatically think there'll be a Red/Green remake as opposed to Ruby/Sapphire.

Real cute.

I thought it before. But I think evidence is piling up.

The development of mega evolutions seems likely to boost pokemon, and the first 4 Gens would make a better target. And since Gen 2 and 4 had skimpy dexs that boost previous dexs, they're unlikely to be a huge focus. So no one should be surprised a great deal of Mega pokemon will be Gen VI or Gen I related. I just think that's a sign. Gen 1 starters will likely get Mega forms without a hangup like Torchic.

A special.

Mewtwo is the first legendary of note there.

There's been little influence pushing for Gen III remakes. Blaziken mega form? It requires a specific item. It needlessly complicates it. Pattern? Ended. "It needs to be made"? Not really, short of actually wanting to add something.

That's not evidence of anything. That's just you making bad assumptions.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#43bd43(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 1:27:58 AM
mjc0961 posted...
bd43 posted...
dingo_of_jawaii posted...
It'll happen.

It's cute how an anime special comes out and you automatically think there'll be a Red/Green remake as opposed to Ruby/Sapphire.

Real cute.

I thought it before. But I think evidence is piling up.

The development of mega evolutions seems likely to boost pokemon, and the first 4 Gens would make a better target. And since Gen 2 and 4 had skimpy dexs that boost previous dexs, they're unlikely to be a huge focus. So no one should be surprised a great deal of Mega pokemon will be Gen VI or Gen I related. I just think that's a sign. Gen 1 starters will likely get Mega forms without a hangup like Torchic.

A special.

Mewtwo is the first legendary of note there.

There's been little influence pushing for Gen III remakes. Blaziken mega form? It requires a specific item. It needlessly complicates it. Pattern? Ended. "It needs to be made"? Not really, short of actually wanting to add something.

That's not evidence of anything. That's just you making bad assumptions.

It's not solid because I don't have everything to show. But what can't be proven is likely to be accurate, if not by the logic of the situation then by numbers and the proof that does exist, flimsy or not, still says more than the gen III proof.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.