This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The reason why the fairy type is tied to the Moon

#11stfn12345Posted 8/17/2013 11:30:33 PM
Art_Buddy posted...
GUYS!

Fairy type Pokemon has 16 letters.
The moon is 16 ft away from the earth.
Earth has 5 letters.
Fairy has 5 letters!

It goes full circle! LIKE THE MOON!

Ummmmmmmm....
#12NessEggmanPosted 8/17/2013 11:34:27 PM
stfn12345 posted...
Art_Buddy posted...
GUYS!

Fairy type Pokemon has 16 letters.
The moon is 16 ft away from the earth.
Earth has 5 letters.
Fairy has 5 letters!

It goes full circle! LIKE THE MOON!

Ummmmmmmm....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pp35HuVAkI
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#13SocranPosted 8/17/2013 11:45:04 PM
That's not "the" reason fairies are related to the moon, although I wouldn't rule out the possibility that a Pokemon or two were inspired by it. Fairies have had connections to the moon in various different cultures, though. The moon, especially a full moon, is simply seen as being fairly mystical, so it's often given as a source of power for fairies and other magical creatures.

As for bunnies on the moon, however, yes, pretty much all references are connected to the same series of myths.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#14solaurus12(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 7:47:02 AM
How do you guys think Eevee evolves into Sylveon. Most likely Moon Stone.
---
PSN-Solaurus Steam-Solaurus
Making everyone on the WiiU board look stupid since 1888.
#15GolurkcanflyPosted 8/18/2013 7:48:35 AM
solaurus12 posted...

Or Dawn Stone, or Pokemon-Amie.
---
Official Mega Aggron of the Pokemon X Board
"Face the power of Steel!" - Ferre, Gym Leader of Chroma City.
#16solaurus12(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 7:49:44 AM
Not to mention Clefairy is the fairy pokemon species and evolves with a moon stone. And don't they come out during a full moon to sing and dance and crap?
---
PSN-Solaurus Steam-Solaurus
Making everyone on the WiiU board look stupid since 1888.
#17Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/18/2013 7:51:47 AM
Touhou 8 all over again.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#18Lucis_FerrePosted 8/18/2013 7:55:20 AM
Huh, didn't know the Chinese myth behind the rabbit in the moon (I knew the Buddhist one where the rabbit outright offers his own flesh and, in return for his generosity, was placed on the moon), nor about Chang-E.

This makes a much better explanation for what Sylveon's meant to represent than my theory (Which was a Cu Sith, since large ears and ribbons sorta equalling the braided tail). Very interesting TC, as well as for the connection with Moonblast.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#19stfn12345Posted 8/18/2013 8:10:25 AM
solaurus12 posted...

I doubt it. The guys at gamefreak hate retconning evolution. You'll notice that in every instance of a new evolution for an old Pokemon the evolution method is also new. Sylveon will probably evolve through that new Pokemon petting game or streetpass or something else that's new.
#20Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/18/2013 8:15:03 AM
stfn12345 posted...
solaurus12 posted...

I doubt it. The guys at gamefreak hate retconning evolution. You'll notice that in every instance of a new evolution for an old Pokemon the evolution method is also new. Sylveon will probably evolve through that new Pokemon petting game or streetpass or something else that's new.

I think it'll be more like Glaceon/Leafeon again.

Some sort of place you level it up. Presto.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.