This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Going to give competitive battling a shot. Can anyone help me fix my team?

#1Mega_RatPosted 8/18/2013 12:46:59 AM(edited)
So far this is what I have for UU

Absol (revenge)
-Focus Sash
-Super Luck
-4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Sword Dance
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Nightslash

Sharpedo
- Life Orb
- Speed Boost
- 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Protect
Earthquake
Waterfall
Nightslash

Umbreon (lead)
- Leftovers
- Synchronize
- 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Rain Dance
Toxic
Wish
Protect

Well, now I'm stuck on where to go or what to add. My team so far is probably terrible so far though. Any help would be appreciated. =]
---
http://imgur.com/ExbDPIs <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1 (use this to go back to normal gamefaqs)
#2LightningAce11Posted 8/18/2013 12:48:55 AM
Get some counters for fighting and scizor. Crobat?
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#3NessEggmanPosted 8/18/2013 12:48:57 AM
This is really not the place you should be seeking this kind of advice lol.

You will get a lot of bad and misleading advice... I would suggest going to a competitive-focused forum like Smogon.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#4LightningAce11Posted 8/18/2013 12:51:53 AM
^or that.

*waits for flame war*
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#5spooky96Posted 8/18/2013 12:52:35 AM
I don't play UU much, but for revenge killing don't use a sash Absol, because there'll be entry hazards. Good old fashioned scarf is good - heracross, raikou, darmanitan, flygon etc.

Don't have an Umbreon lead. Have a lead which throws entry hazards.

Basically you have to think how I'll win? Stall or offensive? If offensive, which sweeper and which pokemon should I use to support it? If stall/defensive, then what would be a good core for covering threats?
---
I have Cloud winning this contest, which means I'll beat most of you...
Nawt gonna happen >_>
#6Mega_Rat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 12:54:33 AM
spooky96 posted...
I don't play UU much, but for revenge killing don't use a sash Absol, because there'll be entry hazards. Good old fashioned scarf is good - heracross, raikou, darmanitan, flygon etc.

Basically you have to think how I'll win? Stall or offensive? If offensive, which sweeper and which pokemon should I use to support it? If stall/defensive, then what would be a good core for covering threats?

Worst part is I don't know what pokemons do what. I do know I want to set up rain for the Sharpedo though.
---
#7spooky96Posted 8/18/2013 12:58:01 AM
Mega_Rat posted...
spooky96 posted...

Worst part is I don't know what pokemons do what. I do know I want to set up rain for the Sharpedo though.

If that's the case, then I would say have a rapid spinner + Tornadus in your team. Cladydol + Tornadus would be good for your team, as Claydol can take both electric and rock moves which will be attacked on Tornadus, while Claydol will keep your team away from entry hazards. Tornadus has other utilities has well such as using Tailwind (as a last ditch effort) or put up rain real quick.
---
I have Cloud winning this contest, which means I'll beat most of you...
Nawt gonna happen >_>
#8NessEggmanPosted 8/18/2013 1:02:09 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
^or that.

*waits for flame war*

loool yeah......

I mean, there is good advice to be found here, but it will be rare amongst... EVERYTHING ELSE that you will find lol. And this place is full of people who are casually into competitive scene and want to offer advice, but don't really know what they're saying. I used to be like that lol.... But now I know just to keep my mouth shut and have fun with competitive battles in my own way.

But yeah, this board really isn't about competitive, TC, and most people here don't know the first thing about it. The few that actually do are probably also on Smogon or another site.

In fact, there are so many people here completely ignorant about competitive that they "hate" Smogon and call it devil or whatever, usually because they are mad that Charizard isn't uber tier or something... and that seems more prominent than people who even know the first thing about competitive here...

I'm not into Smogon or being heavily competitive... I do like to go to VGC and try to win, and I'll play on sims sometimes but there's a whole world to the scene and GameFAQs is so distant from that world.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#9Mega_Rat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 1:03:00 AM
spooky96 posted...
Mega_Rat posted...
spooky96 posted...

If that's the case, then I would say have a rapid spinner + Tornadus in your team. Cladydol + Tornadus would be good for your team, as Claydol can take both electric and rock moves which will be attacked on Tornadus, while Claydol will keep your team away from entry hazards. Tornadus has other utilities has well such as using Tailwind (as a last ditch effort) or put up rain real quick.

How is rain setup? At the start of a match or in the middle? Also, anyway to keep Absol in? I know it's not the best pokemon, but it's my favorite. If it hinders the team to much then I'll remove it.
---
#10Mega_Rat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 1:07:36 AM
NessEggman posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
^or that.

*waits for flame war*

loool yeah......

I mean, there is good advice to be found here, but it will be rare amongst... EVERYTHING ELSE that you will find lol. And this place is full of people who are casually into competitive scene and want to offer advice, but don't really know what they're saying. I used to be like that lol.... But now I know just to keep my mouth shut and have fun with competitive battles in my own way.

But yeah, this board really isn't about competitive, TC, and most people here don't know the first thing about it. The few that actually do are probably also on Smogon or another site.

In fact, there are so many people here completely ignorant about competitive that they "hate" Smogon and call it devil or whatever, usually because they are mad that Charizard isn't uber tier or something... and that seems more prominent than people who even know the first thing about competitive here...

I'm not into Smogon or being heavily competitive... I do like to go to VGC and try to win, and I'll play on sims sometimes but there's a whole world to the scene and GameFAQs is so distant from that world.

I just want to play for fun, but I just need a half decent team as well. xD

I know this may not be the best place but I also want some intel from people who may have just started. Cuz I'm scared to jump in and get my ass kicked. xD
---