This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the Point of a pokemon demo?

#1ashcrvPosted 8/18/2013 1:44:53 AM
Like seriously guys why would you want a demo and not the full thing just right away? You know you won't be able to catch them all or even finish the game properly so why even bother with a demo? I'd much rather just have the whole thing instead of a preview game that just makes me rage because it's not the full thing.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#2LightningAce11Posted 8/18/2013 1:45:09 AM
This.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#3bd43Posted 8/18/2013 1:47:35 AM
The demo is cool for trade shows.

Very few people are asking for a demo on the 3DS.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#4NessEggmanPosted 8/18/2013 1:47:58 AM
It's like, if there's a really tasty food in front of you, but you can't eat it until later (like maybe you're serving it at a party that's later or something, idk), you're going to be tempted to take a bite.

Yeah, after taking a bite, the agony of not being able to eat it may get worse, but before taking that bite, you'll still have that drive of "oh, just one taste!"

That's why people want a demo... they're itching for that one little taste, even if logically it will make the wait even worse.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#5kaonohiokalaPosted 8/18/2013 1:49:16 AM
lmao @ this topic
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#6DweezleMoonunitPosted 8/18/2013 1:50:16 AM
Because no one has any patience.
---
Imma be hte best GaemFQAs evr!
Official Best Ever of the Pokemon X Board
#7waterpkmaster06Posted 8/18/2013 1:50:59 AM
It's funny how you are ranting on about why have a demo 'cuz it's pointless but you eventually state the whole reason to have demos. They are previews of a game so won't you be able to catch them it's just to get a feel for the game.
---
If you were wondering im not the guy from pokebeach im only a teen who likes water types. 3DS fc: 3239-2480-5647 B1fc: 0691-4038-4139
#8Firemaster5Posted 8/18/2013 1:56:16 AM
It's so people can evaluate and get a taste of a game before it comes out even to help them decide if they want to buy the full game or not. Also, some e-shop demo data transfers over to games. It helps to tide us over.
---
Official Sisyphus of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Board
Chances are slm to none at best
#9NessEggmanPosted 8/18/2013 1:58:30 AM
Firemaster5 posted...
It's so people can evaluate and get a taste of a game before it comes out even to help them decide if they want to buy the full game or not. Also, some e-shop demo data transfers over to games. It helps to tide us over.

Oh I didn't even think of that. Well, I kinda doubt they'd have Pokémon data transfer over from a demo if they released one... but maybe.

I remember spending like 2 hours in the character creation for Dragon's Dogma, and I was so happy when my characters' appearances and everything were carried over from the demo to my new game in the full version... XZD

So maybe if we get some character customization options in a demo, and can change the settings like text speed and stuff, at least those could carry over.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#10Firemaster5Posted 8/18/2013 2:20:02 AM(edited)
I mean some e-shop demo data transfers over to some of the games, not that it would necessarily be happening for this game and Y.
---
"Explaining the joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process."
--E. B. White