This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the Point of a pokemon demo?

#11NessEggmanPosted 8/18/2013 2:07:06 AM
Firemaster5 posted...
I mean some e-shop demo date transfers over to some of the games, not that it would necessarily be happening for this game and Y.

... I know, I was just entertaining the possibility XZD
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#12DweezleMoonunitPosted 8/18/2013 2:40:10 AM
NessEggman posted...
Firemaster5 posted...
It's so people can evaluate and get a taste of a game before it comes out even to help them decide if they want to buy the full game or not. Also, some e-shop demo data transfers over to games. It helps to tide us over.

I remember spending like 2 hours in the character creation for Dragon's Dogma, and I was so happy when my characters' appearances and everything were carried over from the demo to my new game in the full version...

Dragon's Dogma, good taste detected. But I agree, I love when that happens. I don't think an X/Y demo on eShop is very likely though.
---
Imma be hte best GaemFQAs evr!
Official Best Ever of the Pokemon X Board
#13NessEggmanPosted 8/18/2013 2:43:03 AM
DweezleMoonunit posted...
NessEggman posted...
Firemaster5 posted...
It's so people can evaluate and get a taste of a game before it comes out even to help them decide if they want to buy the full game or not. Also, some e-shop demo data transfers over to games. It helps to tide us over.

I remember spending like 2 hours in the character creation for Dragon's Dogma, and I was so happy when my characters' appearances and everything were carried over from the demo to my new game in the full version...

Dragon's Dogma, good taste detected. But I agree, I love when that happens. I don't think an X/Y demo on eShop is very likely though.

Yay, thanks. It's sad how rare fans of the game are, relatively :\
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#14TheMasterTurtlePosted 8/18/2013 4:50:41 AM
NessEggman posted...
DweezleMoonunit posted...
NessEggman posted...
Firemaster5 posted...

Yay, thanks. It's sad how rare fans of the game are, relatively :\

I tried playing it but found the world to be very boring and the combat to be really bland. I also hate AI partners.

I'll stick with Onimusha and Devil May Cry.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#15MetaFalconPunchPosted 8/18/2013 7:02:15 AM
NessEggman posted...
It's like, if there's a really tasty food in front of you, but you can't eat it until later (like maybe you're serving it at a party that's later or something, idk), you're going to be tempted to take a bite.

Yeah, after taking a bite, the agony of not being able to eat it may get worse, but before taking that bite, you'll still have that drive of "oh, just one taste!"

That's why people want a demo... they're itching for that one little taste, even if logically it will make the wait even worse.

Well spoken!
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#16sandstormflygonPosted 8/18/2013 7:08:21 AM
the purpose of demo is have something to hold you off until the actual release. i don't know why many are real against a demo it can also make you want the game more. for example the fire emblem demo ends on a cliff hanger so it leaves you wanting more while keeping you entertained