This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's be honest. Gen 3 was awesome. Haters are wrong

#51Thepenguinking2Posted 8/18/2013 9:22:50 AM
You can see the number 3 four times in the topic.
DIAMOND AND PEARL REMAKES CO- *Is shot 555 times*
---
"Fritz, leave this board and spend time with your only friends- Oreos."
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!
#52Fit-It_FelixPosted 8/18/2013 9:26:06 AM
Generation III is horrible! There is no Bugsy! That's why Generation III is horrible!
---
My darling waifu, Bugsy!
http://i.imgur.com/kETK7.jpg
#53redFOX381Posted 8/18/2013 9:37:55 AM
agree, best pokemon designs/best ideas/best region layout/most useful pokemon
---
words put together these, get what you do?
#54redFOX381Posted 8/18/2013 9:41:04 AM
also:
-best music
- actual boat ride scene
- Pokemon contests
- lot of terrain variety
- cable car ride
- secret bases
---
words put together these, get what you do?
#55AualloniaPosted 8/18/2013 9:42:20 AM
It's all opinion. You are not "more right" than those who say it sucked.
#56TJ_17_Posted 8/18/2013 9:42:32 AM
Gen 3 was my first game ever, for anything, so I naturally love it more than others. I can understand how gens are better, but not why it gets the hate it does.
---
I am not gay, but I want to be, just to p*** off homophobes.
- Kurt Cobain
#57P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/18/2013 9:42:45 AM
redFOX381 posted...
also:
-best music
- actual boat ride scene
- Pokemon contests
- lot of terrain variety
- cable car ride
- secret bases

I'd disagree on the music. The soundfont was kind of bad, even if the music itself was good.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#58GastroFanPosted 8/18/2013 9:43:18 AM
Archwing3441 posted...
TheMasterTurtle posted...
Gen III did introduce a lot of good things. However it had the crappiest story and the worst feeling of adventure.

Along with other problems I don't care to list (Spinda) it came before the Physical Special Split and even as a kid from before the split I hated that Fire Punch was a special move.

I actually felt like it had the best feeling of adventure because a lot of the areas were hidden and secretive (I played Ruby) or just unneeded. Specifically, the regis. THAT'S the type of ordeal crap I want to go through if I want to get legendary pokemon. That would probably be my favorite part about RSE. They made all the side legendaries difficult to get. Latios/Latias was a wondering pokemon, stereotypically hard. Rayquaza required the mac bike and had to do the bike thing to get to him. The regis, required an extensive knowledge of brail o.O. It also requires doing weird things like having a relicanth and wailord in a certain part of your party. and talking about weird pokemon team layout, ninjask was also cool when you evolve to it while you have an open slot on your team, you get a shedninja. That's what I feel like is missing in the newer pokemon games, everything feels like it's given to you. I don't count repelling my way through an obscure cave to find a legendary pokemon count as an ordeal to find a legendary pokemon. In fact, you had to do that if you wanted bagon (he's only found on this little island). Even feebas was cool to get (only popped up in 4 random tiles per game). I found this idea much better than the honey thing in DPP (it's more interactive and I don't have to wait real time for it).

So while the story or music is questionable, I definitely found RSE as having the best adventure because you actually have to find these pokemon instead of having it given to you (B2W2) in more ways than just going to the end of a cave (every other game).

The thing I didn't like about R/S/E was Mirage Island which was where they kept the Wynaut (or was it Wobbuffet?) You had to go and see this guy in Pacifidlog Town (I think) and hope that he saw it before you could go there; how to get the guy to do that was never explained or even hinted at. It must've been pure luck because whenever I visited him he never saw it. That and the current that would carry you past where you wanted to go (near Sootopolis City I believe) if you didn't navigate it right which I found exasperating.
#59Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/18/2013 9:45:52 AM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
redFOX381 posted...
also:
-best music
- actual boat ride scene
- Pokemon contests
- lot of terrain variety
- cable car ride
- secret bases

I'd disagree on the music. The soundfont was kind of bad, even if the music itself was good.

This.

Why I'm hoping for a remake.

better soundfont which may make me like the Hoenn music especially when it gets updated.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#60SummonearthPosted 8/18/2013 9:46:12 AM
In my opinion, all generations after generation 1 are way better than generation 1 as they improve on everything and added more.
---
"I will speak my mind and say what I want and if you don't like it, well too bad!" "And my Pikachu pillow says hi"