This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am i the only person who thinks of FR/LG when people say gen 3?

#1djmetal777Posted 8/18/2013 8:49:01 AM
R/S werent that memorable to me and while Emerald gets points...i still believe the first gen remakes need more credit
---
Official Nascour of B2/W2 Boards
Official Scyther of B2/W2 Boards
#2kingtracePosted 8/18/2013 8:50:37 AM
Well, probably not the ONLY one, but I'd say that's it's probably not the popular opinion. I mean, even the "gen 3 sxks" trolls mean RSE.
---
I'm an Atheist, and I'm damn proud of it.
If that offends you for whatever reason, shoot me a PM and I'll correct your misconception.
#3TranquilSeaPosted 8/18/2013 8:51:48 AM(edited)
I've always lumped remakes with the generation they were introduced in, but a lot of people here don't. FR/LG don't get much hate at all, and that's as much credit as you can get from the Pokemon fanbase.
---
you know the closer you get to something
the tougher it is to see it
#4Great_ReapettePosted 8/18/2013 8:52:01 AM
Maybe it's just because LG was my first game, but no. I do, too. The games were huge improvements to RBY (except for glitches but oh well), and even introduced another freaking region without changing the plot too much (except for post game but ahahaha like RBY even had a postgame). They introduced us to their unique style of the Battle Tower. They sent us on Braille missions that didn't cause half as much suffering as RSE's.

Again, maybe it's just me.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#5EmpirorPosted 8/18/2013 9:03:10 AM
For me I am totally set in the standard gen mentality. I can understand why you'd put FR/LG in gen 3 but because the games are set in the "Gen 1" area I associate them with gen 1.

Same thing with HGSS being Gen 2
---
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://stevenjobs101.wordpress.com/<---visit my blog :u!
#6SirPiercePosted 8/18/2013 9:07:14 AM
Fire Red and Leaf Green are part of Gen 3, but when I think of the Gen 3 games (like in the sense of "Gen 3 Remakes"), I think of RSE because they are the main games of the gen. Just like how DPPt are the main games of Gen 4 and HgSs were the secondary games.
---
NNID - Aerontar. Steam - KingAerontar
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.