This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what if mewthree is just a mega evolution?

#1fredie11Posted 8/18/2013 8:42:24 AM
its possible
---
to tell the truth im verry paranoid..wait a minute why are you reading this..are you stalking me are something?..likely story..now whats your real motive?
#2tehponycornPosted 8/18/2013 8:46:09 AM
fredie11 posted...
its possible

face, meet palm.
*facepalm*
---
I'm a critic, If I say something mean, take no offense, I'm sorry if I've offended you.
Now, off to ADVENTURE!!!! *flies off on Unicorn*
#3All-icePosted 8/18/2013 8:48:48 AM
tehponycorn posted...
fredie11 posted...
its possible

face, meet palm.
*facepalm*

Let me help you :)

*Facepalms tehponycorn* :3
---
Currently owning Noobs on Pokemon Showdown and in BF3 on XBL
Waiting for Pokemon X and Y(10/12/13)
#4hyperdimeduckPosted 8/18/2013 8:52:02 AM
*sighs*
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Kintoki-Doji and Isabeau of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#5JackSolomonPosted 8/18/2013 9:05:43 AM
Let me explain why it's NOT possible, or at least immensely unlikely.

First and foremost, the naming convention: All Mega Evolutions do not have a unique name. They are solely the word 'Mega' added onto the name of the Pokemon that Mega Evolved. I.e., MegaLucario. MegaAbsol. MegaMawile. MegaAmpharos. Etc.

This alone is enough to take Mewthree out of the running.

Now if you're saying perhaps MegaMewtwo is what people thought Mewthree would be? Again, incorrect, and it again comes down to names: Mewtwo is named Mewtwo because it is the second successful iteration of Mew, a clone, the 'second Mew'. Mewthree would thus be a new Pokemon unto itself, that would be a more powerful clone of Mew or Mewtwo. I.e., Mew is the original, Mewtwo is Mew 2.0, Mewthree would be Mew 3.0. Etc.

Just like Mewtwo is not a proper evolution of Mew, it would stand to reason Mewthree is not an evolution of Mewtwo.
#6pyrotempestwingPosted 8/18/2013 9:09:27 AM
JackSolomon posted...

First and foremost, the naming convention: All Mega Evolutions do not have a unique name. They are solely the word 'Mega' added onto the name of the Pokemon that Mega Evolved. I.e., MegaLucario. MegaAbsol. MegaMawile. MegaAmpharos. Etc.

Now if you're saying perhaps MegaMewtwo is what people thought Mewthree would be? Again, incorrect, and it again comes down to names: Mewtwo is named Mewtwo because it is the second successful iteration of Mew, a clone, the 'second Mew'. Mewthree would thus be a new Pokemon unto itself, that would be a more powerful clone of Mew or Mewtwo. I.e., Mew is the original, Mewtwo is Mew 2.0, Mewthree would be Mew 3.0. Etc.

Just like Mewtwo is not a proper evolution of Mew, it would stand to reason Mewthree is not an evolution of Mewtwo.

Part of me thinks you don't get it. "Mewthree" is a nickname for Awakened Forme. Awakened Forme IS MegaMewtwo. Get it?

FTR, the other part of me says my mind isn't working correctly...
---
FC's: B1: Lexi 2365-9525-1918; B2: Misaki 4213-1809-7119 3DS FC: Thomas 5069-4431-9392
Yeah, I'm a crossplayer. Deal with it.
#7fredie11(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 10:08:20 AM
pyrotempestwing posted...
JackSolomon posted...

Part of me thinks you don't get it. "Mewthree" is a nickname for Awakened Forme. Awakened Forme IS MegaMewtwo. Get it?

you disproved him with 1 sentence
---
to tell the truth im verry paranoid..wait a minute why are you reading this..are you stalking me are something?..likely story..now whats your real motive?
#8EnferolunosPosted 8/18/2013 10:11:45 AM
fredie11 posted...
JackSolomon posted...

you disproved him with 1 sentence

TC, what the hell are you talking about?
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#9JackSolomonPosted 8/18/2013 10:15:28 AM(edited)

I understand the idea behind Mewthree being a nickname for Mewtwo's Mega Evolution. But it doesn't match the naming conventions that resulted in Mewtwo being CALLED Mewtwo. Like I said, Mewthree would be the next iteration of Mew cloning, "Mew 3.0". MegaMewtwo is just Mewtwo accessing more power, not that next step.

If you really want to call MegaMewtwo 'Mewthree', fine, more power to you. But if you're thinking that MegaMewtwo is intended to BE Mewthree... I'm going to have to disagree.
#10fahademonPosted 8/18/2013 10:15:02 AM
Face,say hi to desk.

*facedesk*
---
3DS FC:3222-6949-4801 | Tell me if you add me so I can add you back. :)
Official Lugia and MegaBlaziken of all Pokemon Boards.