This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokeconomics

#1LazHarshawPosted 8/18/2013 10:27:23 AM
How does economics work in the pokemon world? If a few trainers were to catch a few meowths and persians, then trained them to learn payday, wouldn't the currency eventually deflate and become worthless?
---
Mega Ampharos' Talent Agent
Client Headshot - http://imgur.com/D90UC4h
#2Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/18/2013 10:27:59 AM
That's why it is a trade secret for the "professional" trainer in the Pokemon world.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#3LazHarshaw(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 10:34:49 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
That's why it is a trade secret for the "professional" trainer in the Pokemon world.

How is it a trade secret? Meowth learns it by leveling.
---
#4Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/18/2013 10:36:20 AM
LazHarshaw posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

People in the Pokemon world are stupid, and most wild Meowths get knocked out before they can even attack (assuming they'd use pay-day in the first place.)

I'm talking about those who would abuse Pay day to increase the amount of money. Thus the enoomy would hardly be affected by the expansion of money increase. (Since most people again in the Pokemon world are stupid.)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#5LazHarshaw(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 10:37:56 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
LazHarshaw posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

People in the Pokemon world are stupid, and most wild Meowths get knocked out before they can even attack (assuming they'd use pay-day in the first place.)

I'm talking about those who would abuse Pay day to increase the amount of money. Thus the enoomy would hardly be affected by the expansion of money increase. (Since most people again in the Pokemon world are stupid.)

I should start a meowth farm then.
---
#6JackSolomonPosted 8/18/2013 10:38:42 AM
Don't forget, Pokemon Trainers never (or rarely) purchase anything beyond supplies for Pokemon. Potions, Revives, Pokeballs, TM's, Berries, etc. All only for Pokemon. It's entirely possible there are two sets of currencies in the Pokemon world: Pokedollars, and normal cash. Cash is used to purchase things like normal supplies and things, groceries and such.

Pokedollar's are used in conjunction with a Trainer I.D. to purchase Pokemon supplies. Payday could only make Pokedollars, and as such using any funds from Payday could only be used to purchase MORE Pokemon supplies, which are in-purchasable with normal cash.

I'd suspect there would be SOME carry over between the two items (normal stuff and Pokestuff) like Moo-Moo Milk, which could be purchased without a Trainer I.D., but mostly the two areas would remain fairly separate.

And since our Trainer never needs to purchase any normal supplies, we never have any need for the other currency.
#7InhaledCornPosted 8/18/2013 10:38:46 AM
It's probably how currency is made in the first place.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#8LazHarshaw(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 10:39:40 AM
JackSolomon posted...
Don't forget, Pokemon Trainers never (or rarely) purchase anything beyond supplies for Pokemon. Potions, Revives, Pokeballs, TM's, Berries, etc. All only for Pokemon. It's entirely possible there are two sets of currencies in the Pokemon world: Pokedollars, and normal cash. Cash is used to purchase things like normal supplies and things, groceries and such.

Pokedollar's are used in conjunction with a Trainer I.D. to purchase Pokemon supplies. Payday could only make Pokedollars, and as such using any funds from Payday could only be used to purchase MORE Pokemon supplies, which are in-purchasable with normal cash.

I'd suspect there would be SOME carry over between the two items (normal stuff and Pokestuff) like Moo-Moo Milk, which could be purchased without a Trainer I.D., but mostly the two areas would remain fairly separate.

And since our Trainer never needs to purchase any normal supplies, we never have any need for the other currency.

That does make sense.
---
#9TJ_17_Posted 8/18/2013 10:45:46 AM
JackSolomon posted...

Holy crap, he solved it!
---
I am not gay, but I want to be, just to p*** off homophobes.
- Kurt Cobain
#10MatezoidePosted 8/18/2013 10:48:22 AM
JackSolomon posted...

Wow...that makes a lot of sense.

This theory is now canon on my head....thank you.