This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As promised, my opinions on the Pokemon X and Y demo in Japan (long thread)

#1necromencer3227Posted 8/18/2013 10:51:46 AM
The other day I, as many of you gamers with facebook have I expect, filled out my five favorite video games of all time. While I knew some obvious games that would go on my list such as GTA: San Andreas it was hard to pick the game that would be my number one game of all time. It then came to me that it was obviously and undisguisedly pokemon red and blue for gameboy. Since I was always a bit more of a pokemon red fan than a pokemon blue fan so I picked red.

The first thing that I love about the pokemon games is the sheer number of characters. Your typical fighting game will have 24 characters and most RPGs will have somewhere between 4 and 16. However the first generation of pokemon games has 151 characters. That is an unprecedented amount in popular video games. This immense number of characters leads to the game having a great replay value. I could not tell you how many times I have beaten either red, blue, or yellow and the truth is it is probably a large and embarrassing number that is best kept secret. But just how many different teams can you have really. Well if you were to go with just different pokemon and disregard move sets you would be able to have 14,888,600,760 teams. Yeah just under 15 billion teams. And while my junior year of high school algebra skills may be pretty boss, they are totally overshadowed by this massive in-game diversity.

Another thing about these games is the wide fan base that they have. From the time I got my first pokemon game up until this very moment, I have considered myself a pokemon video game fan. Now, more than ever, the pokemon games are a main component of my video game experience. Pokemon has done a great job at making its game one that can be enjoyed by all. For one it is not too difficult to play, and while when I was little and only would train one of my pokemon and let the rest be weak I found the game darn near impossible, today I find beating the elite four a mere matter of time rather than a challenge. And while the actual story line may not be difficult for older players it still has challengers that will be difficult to be. Now you may be wondering, “who are these difficult challengers? I beat every single trainer in that game easy.” Well that is just fine and dandy but your friend across the street can probably say the exact same thing. So why don't you go fight him? The pokemon games have had a lot of hardware made by Nintendo just for them. The link cable, while compatible with other games too, was primarily used for pokemon. This battling with friends inspired what is today known as competitive battling. Trying to make the very best team possible with the best DVs (precursor to Ivs) and the most effective move sets made the game marketable to even the most skilled gamers.

Anyway:

Overall: 6/10

Graphics: Unpolished, edgy and last gen 3/10

Gameplay: 10/10 PERFECTION

Music: meh 5/10

Control: nice 7/10

Pro: It's quite good, pokemon Red and Blue are objectively better

Cons: So much loading and waiting.
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 8/18/2013 10:52:53 AM
That's a nice wall of text you got there...
Go Infernape!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#3Art_BuddyPosted 8/18/2013 10:53:40 AM
What.
---
There are no rattlesnakes in Texas. It's just a myth.
#4Arne83Posted 8/18/2013 10:54:33 AM
6/10? That's better than average. I'LL TAKE IT!
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#5JediBoB101Posted 8/18/2013 10:54:37 AM
what the **** did I just read
---
GT: Thunderbird718
3DS FC: 3909-7664-1550
#6fahademonPosted 8/18/2013 10:55:11 AM
'k.
---
3DS FC:3222-6949-4801 | Tell me if you add me so I can add you back. :)
Official Lugia and MegaBlaziken of all Pokemon Boards.
#7Arne83Posted 8/18/2013 10:56:12 AM
JediBoB101 posted...
what the **** did I just read

Hell if I know... I didn't read it. I just skimmed.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#8P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/18/2013 10:56:26 AM
Not even sure if lol worthy
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#9IzanagiBlastPosted 8/18/2013 10:56:37 AM
This topic 0/10 just disgusting.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKNKVzVAqUk
3DS FC:3351-4244-8930
#10Great_ReapettePosted 8/18/2013 10:58:43 AM
get some mauerspechte on the scene

we're gonna need quite a few
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.