This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why hype for the origins and not the current series?

#1biohazard151Posted 8/18/2013 5:38:37 PM
Not joking and genuinely curious.
I havent watched the current show since i was about 13 or so, so i really have no idea what its like.

So is the current series just not good? Too kiddy? And does this origins represent something more hopeful for something?

Discuss and thanks.
---
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 8/18/2013 5:39:42 PM
The current Pokemon Anime is terrible.
It's bad enough that some people say that Pokemon GAMES are bad because they only know how bad the anime is so they judge the games based on that.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#3KaizukezuPosted 8/18/2013 5:40:22 PM
A lot of people are fed up with Ash always being the lead character. People like the idea of Origins because it's probably not going to have Ash in it, and stars what seems to be the somewhat more popular Red.
---
3DS Friend Code- 2535-3717-4504
White Friend Code- 0476-3773-4673
#4biohazard151(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 5:42:11 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
The current Pokemon Anime is terrible.
It's bad enough that some people say that Pokemon GAMES are bad because they only know how bad the anime is so they judge the games based on that.

But why is it bad? Again havent seen it since i was 13, but why is it bad and why are people expecting origins to be good then? Isnt it the same studio making it? Again im assuming maybe its too childish or something...

Only thing i can say is i remember pikachu beig fatter and cuter and judging by the anime now he seems kinda thinned out...thats my contribution.
---
#5SharmHedgehogPosted 8/18/2013 5:42:39 PM
The anime is terrible nowadays. It's completely stagnant and utterly loyal to the status quo with zero plot progression, barely any risk taking, and Ash has hardly changed as a character.

Basically, it's the Nickelback of anime.
---
Pokemon W2 FC: 2667-2382-2326
#6TranquilSeaPosted 8/18/2013 5:44:42 PM
Ash is pretty much the most uninteresting protagonist ever, and the anime's writing/animation is only as good as it needs to be to effectively advertise the franchise to children.

Better yet, watch a newer episode on Youtube and you'll see for yourself.
---
you know the closer you get to something
the tougher it is to see it
#7biohazard151(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 5:47:20 PM
Okay so primarily ash is a **** character? And the series isnt really doing much stuff outside of trying to appeal to kids?

Ya tranquil i probably will so i can get on board and see what im missing (or not missing). Only thing i can remember as a kid was flast seeing charizar get beat in a tournament by another pikachu when charizard refused to do **** and generally being annoyed that none of ashs pokemon seemed to evolve much.
---
#8AysanderPosted 8/18/2013 5:47:25 PM
I like both tbh...I'm hoping Kalos Ash is written similarly in power, skill, and ability as Sinnoh Ash. He became extremely powerful and talented that region to the point they had to write in Tobias to counter him.

That said, it's awesome to see what they do w/ red and green too.
---
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Pokemon_Dark_Red/index/
#9A_Bit_Of_CharmPosted 8/18/2013 5:49:12 PM
the current anime lacks in ever aspect! Its the same in every episode, the same beginning, the same end, the same crappy characters. There is no spice to it, its gets really repetitive.
---
XBL GT: A Bit Of Charm, 3DS FC: 3668-7321-0017
Games Currently awaiting: Darksouls 2, Pokemon X/Y, Super smash bros WiiU
#10PkmTrainerAbramPosted 8/18/2013 5:50:10 PM
BW is the worst saga of the series, period.

DP was exellent. Basically by the end of the DP saga, Ash was litterally a would be champion in terms of skill, and then BW takes that away from him in the first half of the saga for no reason, despite showing all his achievements in the first episode. The rival is a joke of a character, and the other rivals aside from Bianca are just not interesting enough.

BW does have some nice fights and alot of interesting side arcs. Team Rocket because serious and didn't appear in every episode. The show became genuinely funny again. It's just that the characterization sucks, which really brings it down.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 5 Star Black Trainer Cards), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)