This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why hype for the origins and not the current series?

#11PkmTrainerAbramPosted 8/18/2013 4:51:32 PM
A_Bit_Of_Charm posted...
the current anime lacks in ever aspect! Its the same in every episode, the same beginning, the same end, the same crappy characters. There is no spice to it, its gets really repetitive.

We are clearly watching different shows. If anything BW did right, is that it went in different directions from the norm more often than not. THAT, I will give it credit for.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 5 Star Black Trainer Cards), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#12HamiwifulPosted 8/18/2013 4:52:21 PM
biohazard151 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
The current Pokemon Anime is terrible.
It's bad enough that some people say that Pokemon GAMES are bad because they only know how bad the anime is so they judge the games based on that.

But why is it bad? Again havent seen it since i was 13, but why is it bad and why are people expecting origins to be good then? Isnt it the same studio making it? Again im assuming maybe its too childish or something...

Only thing i can say is i remember pikachu beig fatter and cuter and judging by the anime now he seems kinda thinned out...thats my contribution.

Because Ash is a failure as a trainer, good intentions but an idiot.
#13Storm101Posted 8/18/2013 4:52:39 PM
Origins looks generic and kiddy, too. I don't understand the hype. Do we really the need the story of Red vs. Green told again (if you could even call it a story)?
#14HamiwifulPosted 8/18/2013 4:54:04 PM
Storm101 posted...
Origins looks generic and kiddy, too. I don't understand the hype. Do we really the need the story of Red vs. Green told again (if you could even call it a story)?

It can show how Pokémon should be, read Pokémon Special/Adventures, I know Origins is not going to be like that, but at least, it wont be like the actual Anime.
#15JackSolomonPosted 8/18/2013 4:54:25 PM
biohazard151 posted...
But why is it bad? Again havent seen it since i was 13, but why is it bad and why are people expecting origins to be good then? Isnt it the same studio making it? Again im assuming maybe its too childish or something...

Only thing i can say is i remember pikachu beig fatter and cuter and judging by the anime now he seems kinda thinned out...thats my contribution.

Y'know how back when you used to watch it, Ash was a new trainer, just starting out, learning how to be the very best like no one ever was? He's traveled all the way to Kalos and his character hasn't progressed at all, in fact, he's actually REGRESSED over the course of his journey.

He has to relearn how to do things each season, as if he were an amateur, despite having come all this way AND making it to the League in each region. To the point he hasn't AGED. He is an immortal suffering from relapsing amnesia.

That's a lot of people's problem with the series: By now, Ash shouldn't just be getting new companions who are just starting out, and being on par with them, he should be older, a mentor, showing them what he's learned as he himself learns new things from the region. Instead, he's still the dumb kid he was when he started off.

... Sorry, went on a bit of a rant there.

TL;DR, Ash is an immortal suffering from relapsing amnesia.
#16PkmTrainerAbramPosted 8/18/2013 4:56:56 PM
People haven't even seen Orgins yet so you can't even judge it yet. For all you people know Red could be just like Ash and lose in the Pokemon League against Green.

It's a special, so OFCOURSE it won't be like the current anime. If you were to condense the current anime down to a half hour special, it would be the exact same thing as far as you all know.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 5 Star Black Trainer Cards), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#17PkmTrainerAbramPosted 8/18/2013 4:58:11 PM
JackSolomon posted...
biohazard151 posted...

Y'know how back when you used to watch it, Ash was a new trainer, just starting out, learning how to be the very best like no one ever was? He's traveled all the way to Kalos and his character hasn't progressed at all, in fact, he's actually REGRESSED over the course of his journey.

He has to relearn how to do things each season, as if he were an amateur, despite having come all this way AND making it to the League in each region. To the point he hasn't AGED. He is an immortal suffering from relapsing amnesia.

That's a lot of people's problem with the series: By now, Ash shouldn't just be getting new companions who are just starting out, and being on par with them, he should be older, a mentor, showing them what he's learned as he himself learns new things from the region. Instead, he's still the dumb kid he was when he started off.

... Sorry, went on a bit of a rant there.

TL;DR, Ash is an immortal suffering from relapsing amnesia.

BW is the only saga in which Ash's skill actually regressed litterally.
---
#18InhaledCornPosted 8/18/2013 4:58:47 PM
The way to improve the next season was to bring in a rookie trainer that travels with Ash. That way, Ash can be the super-smart mentor while the new guy makes all the amature mistakes. I'd rather it be just Ash and the new guy. Ash should be smart enough by now to understand what's happening in battles to explain it to the rookie and, by proxie, us. The only downside is there wouldn't be someone to cook/be comic relief. But, the comic relief can be relegated to one of the new Pokemon.

Also, make Team Rocket competent workers from the shadows again.Before they pulled an Orange Islands with B/W, Team Rocket didn't blast off anymore when they lost. They treated their loss like it was just another part of the plan.

However, the problem is, the show isn't really a show. It's an obvious marketing ploy. They keep Ash forever young because he's easily marketable. Pikachu isn't the face of Pokemon for no reason, after all.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#19SgtCashmerePosted 8/18/2013 5:04:00 PM
Because Ash SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS so bad. And Red is da bomb! :)
#20mjc0961Posted 8/18/2013 5:08:32 PM
SharmHedgehog posted...
The anime is terrible nowadays. It's completely stagnant and utterly loyal to the status quo with zero plot progression, barely any risk taking, and Ash has hardly changed as a character.

Basically, it's the Nickelback of anime.

Damn dude. Outdated much?
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.