This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good game to play with my husband?

#21SocranPosted 8/19/2013 6:55:26 AM
ChiefCole posted...
Noivern posted...
Mutetwo posted...
Yes, you get X and He gets Y. For obvious reasons

lol i dont rly understand this but i think you mean that xernaes is more girly thus is a fairy type while yveltal fits the men more.

Chromosomes

You really don't need to respond to anything Noivern ever says, he's a known troll.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#22NoivernPosted 8/19/2013 9:52:34 AM
ChiefCole posted...
Noivern posted...
Mutetwo posted...
Yes, you get X and He gets Y. For obvious reasons

lol i dont rly understand this but i think you mean that xernaes is more girly thus is a fairy type while yveltal fits the men more.

Chromosomes

still dont get it, the onyl chrome thing i know is google chrome and i think it has nothing to do with it. what has google to do with pokemon?
#232vNiEp1Posted 8/19/2013 10:01:33 AM
Noivern posted...
still dont get it, the onyl chrome thing i know is google chrome and i think it has nothing to do with it. what has google to do with pokemon?

Try harder next time.
^_^
---
The best Legendary ever, Latiken! http://i.imgur.com/5hx5PI3.jpg
3DS FC : 2809-8175-8115
#24EstheimasterPosted 8/19/2013 10:10:51 AM
As a Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem fan, I find Pokemon to be the largest RPG series with the most freedom.

While Final Fantasy games restrict you to a party of 4-10 characters, Pokemon gives you the option to have 700+ Pokemon to choose from. Each of them can learn roughly 50+ moves each (with exceptions like gimmick-intended useless ones like Magikarp and Feebas, which are actually redeemed by good evolutions) and have different Natures and traits that make their stats vastly different. For a quick, and hopefully basic example, this is the same Pokemon.

Salamence- Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Rock Slide
- Roost

Each of the first three attacks are physical ones that work off the Attack stat (like FF's Strength). They are Ground, Dragon, and Rock moves respectively. The last one is a healing move (Flying type move) that recovers half of the user's HP. Jolly nature makes it fast (high Speed stat) and decreases it's Special Attack (similar to FF's Magic stat). This Salamence will be a fast, powerful, physical attacker. However, you could also have...

Salamence- Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power

Now this is a Special Attacking Salamence. Modest nature makes it's Special Attack surge while hindering it's Attack. All of these moves are Special Attacks, with the first three being Dragon, Fire, and Water type moves. The last one is a Special Attack that bases it's type off a random hidden value that differs from each Pokemon.

See, there's an almost limitless amount of combinations you could have, and by trading with and battling your husband, there are countless hours of fun to be had.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#25Animako(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 12:15:15 PM
Ok, I'm sold! ^_^ Looking forward to the release!
---
3DS FC - 1091 8283 0723
Name: Misty / Town: Meadow
#26DarkHeroRavenPosted 8/19/2013 12:46:06 PM
- Is there any kind of customization in the new Pokemon games? Will we be able to discuss what we do with the Pokemons we've caught, or what we do with them?
Character customisation has been confirmed, though it's currently unknown to exactly what extent. Pokemon can have different natures and characteristics that affect how their stats will grow, though you don't need to worry about the specifics unless you want to play very competitively. Don't worry about it during main-game. Some Pokemon also have split evolutions, and most Pokemon have a wide variety of moves at their disposal. Party's of six at once, though you can change it up if that suits your playstyle. Personally, I prefer to stick with a solid party of six for the main game, but that's me.

- Besides collecting, what use is there to capturing hundreds of Pokemons? You can only battle with a few from what I know, and my husband told me he used the same Pokemon during the whole game in previous games.
It's unknown exactly how much side stuff there'll be, since it tends to change up per generation, but you already know about Pokemon Amie, and it's possible there'll be other side content and minigames, especially since this looks to be shaping up to be the most content-rich generation of the series.

- Is there an actual storyline or is it completely open ended?
There will be a storyline, though whether it'll be any good or not is unknown. Once you finish the maingame, Pokemon has a tradition of having a fairly extensive postgame where you have more freedom in your path forward.

- What multiplayer interactions can we have? Is it any useful to have a partner playing in the same household in this game? In Fire Emblem, we trade items continuously, can we do something like that in Pokemon?
Trading, battling, the works. It's also possible there might be multiplayer minigames, as previous titles have featured them. You can even trade items with each other by giving a hold item to the Pokemon you trade. You can also trade and battle online.

Hope you enjoy the game.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#27javel34Posted 8/19/2013 12:48:56 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
Luigifan141 posted...
Why is it when a man makes this kind of topic, he usually gets slammed and trolled, but when a women does it, everyone responds with nice and long posts?

Because men insult each other and praise women.

And boobs.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#28LazHarshawPosted 8/19/2013 12:56:38 PM
No. It will end in divorce.
---
Mega Ampharos' Talent Agent
Client Headshot - http://imgur.com/D90UC4h