This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do some of you guys not want transfers?

#1BalloonBattle05Posted 8/19/2013 6:41:43 AM
Because you want to go back to the early days of Ruby and Sapphire where several Pokémon were not available until Colosseum, FireRed and LeafGreen? If my favorite Pokémon (the Slowpoke and Totodile families) become unavailable in these games and there's no way to transfer, I'm going to use Outrage.

Because you want to have a fresh start? Don't transfer.

Because you want something to be changed? If it's removing IV's or something, it can be done without transferring.

Because you want to hear us rage?

Because you have over 9000 level 100 Pokémon in your games and you want to be unable to transfer them? Don't transfer.

Because you want to stop hackers? We will stop once IV's are removed or changeable, and all event Pokémon can be acquired permanently.
#2Chykka_BlackPosted 8/19/2013 6:50:03 AM
Im nuetral, if i can transfer all my shinys, yay. If not, i get to start over from scratch barring my shiny legends and events
---
Pokemon White FC: 4427-3698-5253 Izzi White 2 FC: 4041-3946-3289 Icy
3DS FC 4081-5675-7223
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 8/19/2013 7:12:08 AM
Because they want a "fresh start" so if they get a fresh start, everybody should get one too.
Also, they think that a lack of trasferring would stop hackers from having their hacked Pokemon (which would simply encourage hackers. I know I'd resort to hacking).
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#4NegaZeldaPosted 8/19/2013 7:15:01 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Because they want a "fresh start" so if they get a fresh start, everybody should get one too.
Also, they think that a lack of trasferring would stop hackers from having their hacked Pokemon (which would simply encourage hackers. I know I'd resort to hacking).

I know it's been pointed out before but: transferring has always been post-game so far, so I've never understood this argument of "fresh start" since everybody has that when they first start the game. (I know you're just stating that's what is said, not necessarily siding with it :P)
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
Black 2 FC: 0132-9980-0476 (Aki), 3DS FC: 5284-2520-2972
#5kingjam1Posted 8/19/2013 7:52:41 AM
Every time I hear someone say there should be no transferring because of a fresh start I feel like punching something.
---
Can't think of anything
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 8/19/2013 8:01:05 AM
kingjam1 posted...
Every time I hear someone say there should be no transferring because of a fresh start I feel like punching something.

Really? Because I actually DO punch something.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#7InhaledCornPosted 8/19/2013 8:03:24 AM
Because they want to stop hacked Pokemon from coming up the pipe.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#8Dark_EinherjarPosted 8/20/2013 6:16:52 PM
I made a topic on this matter a few months ago: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65926668

So far, no one in the internet or in real life has EVER be able to defend this with any arguments other than their own selfish reasons (something like "I don't want to transfer, so no one else should either!").
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#9kagster123Posted 8/20/2013 6:25:57 PM
Well, it would be nice to actually fight someone over wi-fi who bred their Pokemon from scratch, instead of having shinies with flawless iv's and hidden powers back to back. It's gotten terribly ridiculous. I actually raise my Pokemon and earned them.

Don't give me that crap of "oh none of us have all day to breed or soft reset." Go play one of the many Pokemon simulators if you don't have time to put any effort in the game. If you want something, earn it, just like you would in real life.

So yes I would love for Gen VI to be a "fresh start."

It's not like your old Pokemon are lost in this void forever; All the old games have lots of replay value and you can still use them.
---
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
B1-3955 8779 8112
#10Professor_MarthPosted 8/20/2013 6:40:16 PM
My reaction to this...
kagster123 posted...
Well, it would be nice to actually fight someone over wi-fi who bred their Pokemon from scratch, instead of having shinies with flawless iv's and hidden powers back to back. It's gotten terribly ridiculous. I actually raise my Pokemon and earned them.

Don't give me that crap of "oh none of us have all day to breed or soft reset." Go play one of the many Pokemon simulators if you don't have time to put any effort in the game. If you want something, earn it, just like you would in real life.

So yes I would love for Gen VI to be a "fresh start."

is this...
NegaZelda posted...
I know it's been pointed out before but: transferring has always been post-game so far, so I've never understood this argument of "fresh start" since everybody has that when they first start the game.

this...
CakeOfLies posted...
...[T]hey think that a lack of trasferring would stop hackers from having their hacked Pokemon (which would simply encourage hackers. I know I'd resort to hacking).

and this...
kingjam1 posted...

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBBesQ9AaGM