This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do some of you guys not want transfers?

#31MagikarpRulesPosted 8/20/2013 7:21:11 PM
kaiser ryu posted...
MagikarpRules posted...

And to you, giving no one a choice is better exactly why? As I said before, you don't have to transfer crap. No one is pointing a gun to your head to make you transfer your old Pokemon. What does it take from you if they do include the option to transfer?

The above bolded is not my core motivation. It's the assumed motivation someone else posited that I'm defending because I have no problem with it. The loss of BC trading would be my preferred scenario only if it were by proxy. My core desire is for the series to get a fresh start. This includes mechanics. Ruby and Sapphire are now more archaic than Red and Blue were when they made their changes. It's time for another check under the hood.

What do you call a fresh start? And why would the majority submit to the minority?
#32ProdozulPosted 8/20/2013 7:48:03 PM
Second_Chances posted...
BalloonBattle05 posted...
Because you want to hear us rage?

Pretty much.

At least you're honest...
#33MagmastaPosted 8/20/2013 7:51:39 PM
I only transferred to heartgold because I wanted to see what all the overworld sprites looked like:P
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend
#34kaiser ryuPosted 8/20/2013 8:04:52 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
kaiser ryu posted...
MagikarpRules posted...

And to you, giving no one a choice is better exactly why? As I said before, you don't have to transfer crap. No one is pointing a gun to your head to make you transfer your old Pokemon. What does it take from you if they do include the option to transfer?

The above bolded is not my core motivation. It's the assumed motivation someone else posited that I'm defending because I have no problem with it. The loss of BC trading would be my preferred scenario only if it were by proxy. My core desire is for the series to get a fresh start. This includes mechanics. Ruby and Sapphire are now more archaic than Red and Blue were when they made their changes. It's time for another check under the hood.

What do you call a fresh start? And why would the majority submit to the minority?

Why are you pretending some battle of wills decides this? This is one group hoping that some day Game Freak (for the record, they make us all submit.) will change the way they're currently doing things and another whining about their constitutional rights to life, liberty and backwards compatible Pokemon transferring. Nothing more. If Game Freak makes yet another game where my 400+ dust gatherers can make a trek over to then fine. If they give me a game where I need to play the game to get to the meta game, I'm fine with that too. None of this titanic clashing of ideals changes a damn thing.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#35paiprPosted 8/20/2013 8:08:09 PM
honestly i like the fresh start for everyone idea. get rid of all hacked pokemon, free us up from the cloned shinies.

but in all truth if they where to, id want it to come for a good reason. like massive stat balancing for old pokemon, move pool changes, ability changes type changes. new ways to handle iv/ev. my biggest hope is that shinies are changed and that each pokemon gets a handful of color palates (which might still include the colors of previous shinies)
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#36Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/21/2013 6:14:54 AM
The biggest benefit would be if it meant they'd redo the data structure and hopefully make IVs, Hidden Power, etc. less an issue. Though, if transferring ends up requiring a separate 3DS applet, that might happen anyway.
#37ThatGuyZPosted 8/21/2013 6:38:26 AM
Because the ones who don't want to transfer are generally petty and naive to believe that A.) Hacking in Pokemon will actually cease, and B.) Too selfish and asinine to understand that it is OPTIONAL and POST-GAME, meaning that, "Fresh start", **** is rather bogus considering capturing now 700+ mons is beyond time consuming and outright tedious (and possibly impossible, if you can't get specific mons from events around Gens 3-5 only).

You don't wanna run into hackers online? Then play with your friends, ask the supposed others in your collective who feel the same way, or better yet, just not play online at all. The rest of the base can do just fine without your annoying bickering and baaawing...
---
At this point, only one word signifies me:..yes.
3DS: 5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#38PriceeChinaDeckPosted 8/21/2013 6:40:29 AM
I want transfers because I spent so much time getting my pokemon into black 2 to transfer to gen 6
idk why i didn't trade for them but it took me months to get all the starters with just diamond heartgold and black/black 2
---
Apparently I'm 66.7% evil and 56.4% Chaotic and I am compelled by greed, hatred, jealousy, and a lust for destruction.
Wow, the truth hurts :P
#39deadpool848Posted 8/21/2013 7:08:35 AM
Arent tranfers usually after you beat the E4, so you are garanteed a fresh start anyway, and transfering is entierly optional.
#40Vito219Posted 8/21/2013 7:33:18 AM
To hopefully kill off the weather starters and take the focus off of that, it's easy to abuse, shifted many usable Pokemon to not being usable, and is getting annoying and played out.
---
Black: 0003 2733 6504
SS: 1677 7369 7003