This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fennekin should be a defensive Fire/Psychic type.

#1DiayamondoPosted 8/19/2013 7:39:17 AM
Most of the fire starter evolutions end up being offense focused, why not something to change up the rhythm?

I can see Fennekin being used on teams for support and having good bulk.
#2R0cks0l1ddPosted 8/19/2013 7:41:57 AM
Fennekin is apparently the slowest starter based off people's impressions in the demo so it's possible.
---
Official everything of every board.
#3Gleason037Posted 8/19/2013 7:43:41 AM
I thought Chespin was the slowest starter, with Fennekin in the middle?

I'm still trying to get over the whole water starter being the fastest.
---
PSN: Gleason037
3DS FC: Eh, tell me why you want it and sure.
#4rabid_llamaPosted 8/19/2013 7:45:56 AM
I have a feeling Fennekin will probably have golden Sp. Att and Sp. Def states and fall flat in other departments. Hopefully it gets decent speed.

Also, Froakie being fast makes sense if theres any truth to the rumors that he evolves into a ninja frog.
#5MeepleLardiclePosted 8/19/2013 7:46:03 AM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
Fennekin is apparently the slowest starter based off people's impressions in the demo so it's possible.

Chespin's the slowest according to most, though the only things we know about speed are:

Froakie is the fastest Starter. IN addition, Chespin is slower than Helioptile.

We have a lack of samples, really, rather than anything else. The only thing certain is Froakie is the fastest of the 3.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#6PentaoPosted 8/19/2013 7:49:59 AM
Defensive Fire/Psychic sounds like you're asking for a terrible Pokemon lol.

People tend to forget Victini exists and can be offensive or defensive, but it typically goes offensive because defensive Fire/Psychic sucks.

Resists: Fire, Steel, Ice, Grass, Psychic, Fighting, Fairy
Weaknesses: Ground, Rock, Water, Dark, Ghost

Resisting Fighting and Ice are nice things. All of it's weaknesses are bad except Ghost.

Ground, Water and Rock type attacks are incredibly common thanks to Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Surf being some of the most highly used attacking moves in the game. Weakness to dark is bad because one of the most overused Pokemon in the game is Tyranitar and it loves packing Pursuit.

So unless the power creep introduces a ton of new things to make defensive Fire types good, or to even make Psychic a good defensive type (Psychic isn't even really a good type). Unless Rain gets nerfed or banned, fire types in general are going to see a lack of play (except Volcorona).

I get that people want Fire/Psychic with defensiveness for the sake of originality but for a lot of gameplay purposes it's just bad.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]
#7uuurrrgghPosted 8/19/2013 7:58:58 AM
I'm expecting immense spatk(~115-130), above average spdef, (~100-115), average speed (~90-100), and crap in everything else (~70-80).
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#8Sad_FacePosted 8/19/2013 9:06:12 AM
I get that people want Fire/Psychic with defensiveness for the sake of originality but for a lot of gameplay purposes it's just bad.

Seeing as Fairies are going to be the next big thing in the metagame so as to stop the overcentralization of Dragons and Fire/Psychic may be 4x resistant to Fairies, there's a good chance Victini may find his niche this time around.