This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak will never recapture the magic of the first generation games...

#21GilbertoPosted 8/19/2013 10:49:33 AM
Genius_Sage posted...
Arne83 posted...
Genius_Sage posted...
Most people probably aren't anything close to designers here so they don't see the clear loss in traditional Japanese style animation over the generations. Some of this new stuff looks like western ****.

... F****** Weeaboos.

Lol I'm black. I have every reason to hate the west.

http://powerdiversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Oh+no+you+didn+t+_9c0d2e6e6708ef439c9b6e8ef1c5ee0a.gif
---
Battle starts here.
#22Genericgamer667Posted 8/19/2013 12:21:47 PM
Genius_Sage posted...
Arne83 posted...
Genius_Sage posted...
Most people probably aren't anything close to designers here so they don't see the clear loss in traditional Japanese style animation over the generations. Some of this new stuff looks like western ****.

... F****** Weeaboos.

Lol I'm black. I have every reason to hate the west.

wanna go back to Africa then?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#23Ubergeneral3Posted 8/19/2013 12:25:59 PM
what magic is there? The games have improved immensely. The old 150 pokemon are boring, I want new things (mega evolutions don't feel new)

It's like sonic. People just say forever that Sonic 3 is best, even when much better games and awesome new characters have been made.

Nostalgia is a word that literally means pain. Stop it. Lets have the pokemon franchise evolve instead of spinning in place forever
---
The following pokemon will be retyped to fairy. If not I will close my account.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66775664
#24CakeOfLiesPosted 8/19/2013 12:29:52 PM
Ubergeneral3 posted...
what magic is there? The games have improved immensely. The old 150 pokemon are boring, I want new things (mega evolutions don't feel new)

It's like sonic. People just say forever that Sonic 3 is best, even when much better games and awesome new characters have been made.

Nostalgia is a word that literally means pain. Stop it. Lets have the pokemon franchise evolve instead of spinning in place forever

Never compare Pokemon to Sonic again.
EVER.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#25Gray_AreasPosted 8/19/2013 12:41:51 PM
Ubergeneral3 posted...

I agree that the games have been improved upon, and franchises survive just like species in the natural world. By evolving. Wishing for things to go back to feeling like Gen 1 is analogous to wishing we all still had tails. Sure it might be neat, but evolution has decided that me move beyond those pesky tails.

I'm gonna argue about that Sonic 3 thing though. The reason people regard it so highly is because it offered some of the best traditional Sonic gameplay ever. I don't dislike the new Sonic games (expect for Black Knight), but they tend to be a little more gimmicky. Not that Sonic 3 is objectively the best, but it best represents the spirit of the original games and gameplay. So that no one accuses me of fanboy-ism, my favorite Sonic game is Sonic Rush Adventure for the DS.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#26P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/19/2013 12:44:26 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Ubergeneral3 posted...

Never compare Pokemon to Sonic again.
EVER.

Why? Sonic's a *laughs* wonderful and thriving series.

I do enjoy the series though, and look forward to Lost World
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#27Latino_King(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 12:54:45 PM
Ubergeneral3 posted...

Do you realize how wrong you are? I don't even know where to begin so I will say this plain and simple-leave my topic now.
---
AKA 305_King
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius
#28SummonearthPosted 8/19/2013 1:01:35 PM(edited)
In my opinion, all generations after one are way better with better designs, improved graphics, better music, good pokemon and better gameplay mechanics. I see generation 1 as a prototype that started the series, but in can't even compete with other generations as it is more weaker compared to them. Also I am not blinded by nostalgia unlike some people.
---
"I will speak my mind and say what I want and if you don't like it, well too bad!" "And my Pikachu pillow says hi"
#29Latino_King(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 12:59:52 PM
Summonearth posted...
In my opinion, all generations after one are way better.

I would be inclined to agree but then Water Trumpets had to occur.
---
AKA 305_King
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius
#30CakeOfLiesPosted 8/19/2013 1:03:08 PM
Latino_King posted...
Summonearth posted...
In my opinion, all generations after one are way better.

I would be inclined to agree but then Water Trumpets had to occur.

Right. Water Trumpets outweigh supercomputers, Captain Falcon, and titans with the power to SHAPE THE EARTH AND SEA.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF