This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There better be a place like that island in Sinnoh

#1gamerman57Posted 8/19/2013 4:54:13 PM
You know, a place where you can catch practically any Pokemon other than starters, legendaries, events and version exclusives. B/W/B2/W2 were rather lacking in catchable Pokemon. Sure there are a lot to catch but there was a lot missing too.

There were quite a few Pokemon that weren't catchable in-game. You had to trade for them. Or go to the lolDream World. Or transfer them. What happened to good ol' catching? Catching Pokemon is a hell of a lot more fun than trading for them. And the Dream World? **** that. That should be for Hidden Abilities only. Not to mention how long it takes just to get what you want.

I'm not saying these things should be removed, no. I'm saying trading or using outside methods to get a lot of Pokemon should be one option. Not the only option.
#2TranquilSeaPosted 8/19/2013 4:57:03 PM
Well, if we're really not getting Dream World, you just might get your wish.
---
you know the closer you get to something
the tougher it is to see it
#3fahademonPosted 8/19/2013 4:58:48 PM
I agree.One of the things I like about sinnoh.
---
3DS FC:3222-6949-4801 | Tell me if you add me so I can add you back. :)
Official Lugia and MegaBlaziken of all Pokemon Boards.
#4BikdipOnABusPosted 8/19/2013 5:01:20 PM
Honestly, the island wasn't even the biggest source of non-native Pokemon, I'd say a combination of the swarms and Pokeradar were. But I know what you mean.

My favorite aspect of the Pokemon series is collecting, and it's annoying when a large number of them are unobtainable without older games. Gen 2 dropped the ball a bit, with older starters, legendaries, and fossils being unobtainable without R/B/Y. But they were older games, so it's somewhat excusable. Gen 3 was a fresh start, so of course everything was available (would have been nice for R/S to include more stuff in the postgame, but oh well), and Gen 4 had everything except the Regi trio available in some format between the five games.

But yeah, Gen 5 kind of sucked in that regard. Even with the Dream World, there's no way to get any of the previous gen starters, several of the legendaries (though B2/W2 did include a good amount, there's still quite a few missing), the Pikachu family, and Unown. And then without Dream World, there's 15 more Pokemon families that can't be found anywhere, and another 9 that are exclusive to the White Forest, another poorly implemented area.

I'm honestly hoping that there isn't any backwards compatibility this gen, and that they'll be forced to do another fresh start. Because then that means they'll have to rerelease all the event Pokemon (another thing they failed to do for Gen 5), and everything will be obtainable in some format without relying on older games.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#5P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/19/2013 5:01:26 PM
One of the better parts of Sinnoh was that giant island.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#6Duk3_Nuk3mPosted 8/19/2013 5:03:13 PM
I would prefer the rainbow islands but bigger
---
gt - Husain inc
#7EpsteinBarrPosted 8/19/2013 5:06:09 PM
One of the better parts of Sinnoh was everything. That island tops the cake.
#8gamerman57(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 5:13:41 PM
BikdipOnABus posted...
Honestly, the island wasn't even the biggest source of non-native Pokemon, I'd say a combination of the swarms and Pokeradar were. But I know what you mean.

My favorite aspect of the Pokemon series is collecting, and it's annoying when a large number of them are unobtainable without older games. Gen 2 dropped the ball a bit, with older starters, legendaries, and fossils being unobtainable without R/B/Y. But they were older games, so it's somewhat excusable. Gen 3 was a fresh start, so of course everything was available (would have been nice for R/S to include more stuff in the postgame, but oh well), and Gen 4 had everything except the Regi trio available in some format between the five games.

But yeah, Gen 5 kind of sucked in that regard. Even with the Dream World, there's no way to get any of the previous gen starters, several of the legendaries (though B2/W2 did include a good amount, there's still quite a few missing), the Pikachu family, and Unown. And then without Dream World, there's 15 more Pokemon families that can't be found anywhere, and another 9 that are exclusive to the White Forest, another poorly implemented area.

I'm honestly hoping that there isn't any backwards compatibility this gen, and that they'll be forced to do another fresh start. Because then that means they'll have to rerelease all the event Pokemon (another thing they failed to do for Gen 5), and everything will be obtainable in some format without relying on older games.

I somewhat agree with this. The "fresh start" would be great but not being able to use Pokemon that I bred and trained in Gen V would suck. I completely agree with the rest of your post though.
#9BikdipOnABusPosted 8/19/2013 5:17:09 PM
My opinion on that is pretty selfish, I'll admit (since I don't do competitive battling, and rarely transfer any of my team members away from their home game). But at the same time, how many Pokemon do we currently have that require Gen 3 move tutor / XD purification moves in order to be at their best? It's getting kind of ridiculous, and locking out all older Pokemon means that they would either have to reintroduce a way to learn those moves (unlikely, but possible), or just not have it be possible in the first place (thus making it a non-issue).
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#10wind64aPosted 8/19/2013 5:45:21 PM
The Sinnoh Battle Frontier was nice. I'd really like another Ranger Game, because they're both fun, and the only way to get Manaphy eggs. It's going to really irk new players that it was a limited time event, and in a side game series from two generations past.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393