This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are some people against having more and more pokemon?

#1jiggardPosted 8/19/2013 4:54:35 PM
I don't get it, i just think there can never be enough and the more the merrier.
---
"Ma5terbating is good for health" - Doctor
"I'm homy" - Doctor
#2FuneralCakePosted 8/19/2013 4:55:34 PM
Change is bad.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#3SorceressTharjaPosted 8/19/2013 4:56:08 PM
They don't think they'll be able to catch 'em all.
#4InhaledCornPosted 8/19/2013 5:01:02 PM
Because there are only 150 different species of animals in real life.

Just ask anyone.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#5P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/19/2013 5:02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AvrBFlJeMs
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#6Hughs_RagePosted 8/19/2013 5:02:47 PM
InhaledCorn posted...
Because there are only 150 different species of animals in real life.

Just ask anyone.

lol
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
QWILFISH for Smash 4! Also waiting on Qwilfish's Megalution, QWILSHARK!
#7JackSolomonPosted 8/19/2013 5:10:35 PM
They assume that having more Pokemon means having more BAD Pokemon. They're right, to an extent: The more Pokemon they have, the more likely they are to have a bad design or Pokemon, simple statistics.

Where they make the logic leap off the deep end is where they assume that having some bad ones contaminates the good ones. Now why does that happen? Well, no one likes to think of themselves as a hater. If you genuinely dislike something (meaning, you're not just a troll) you think there's a good reason for you NOT to like it,even if you can't put it into words, there's a definite reason for your hatred.

It's possible that these guys who hate new Pokemon are thinking that with the addition of each bad Pokemon, there's a greater chance people who already hate, dislike, or are at least neutral about Pokemon, will see these bad ones and see that as a reason to stay away from the franchise. So for the good of the entire franchise, only good Pokemon should exist. With the old? You know what you've got. With the new? It's new. It's unknown. It's getting attention, therefore it's polarizing. If a SINGLE bad Pokemon is revealed, it could drive fans away, polarize newcomers, etc.

So they might think that by hating on and trying to discourage new Pokemon, they're helping the franchise. Protecting it.

Or maybe they're just looney. No telling.
#8GolurkcanflyPosted 8/19/2013 5:13:04 PM
JackSolomon posted...
They assume that having more Pokemon means having more BAD Pokemon. They're right, to an extent: The more Pokemon they have, the more likely they are to have a bad design or Pokemon, simple statistics.

Where they make the logic leap off the deep end is where they assume that having some bad ones contaminates the good ones. Now why does that happen? Well, no one likes to think of themselves as a hater. If you genuinely dislike something (meaning, you're not just a troll) you think there's a good reason for you NOT to like it,even if you can't put it into words, there's a definite reason for your hatred.

It's possible that these guys who hate new Pokemon are thinking that with the addition of each bad Pokemon, there's a greater chance people who already hate, dislike, or are at least neutral about Pokemon, will see these bad ones and see that as a reason to stay away from the franchise. So for the good of the entire franchise, only good Pokemon should exist. With the old? You know what you've got. With the new? It's new. It's unknown. It's getting attention, therefore it's polarizing. If a SINGLE bad Pokemon is revealed, it could drive fans away, polarize newcomers, etc.

So they might think that by hating on and trying to discourage new Pokemon, they're helping the franchise. Protecting it.

Or maybe they're just looney. No telling.

They're probably just looney. Remember, the first of every generation usually sells the most because, *surprise* the new Pokemon.
---
Official Mega Aggron of the Pokemon X Board
"Face the power of Steel!" - Neal, Future Gym Leader of Chroma City.
#9TheMasterTurtlePosted 8/19/2013 5:16:30 PM
Power creep is the only reasonable argument.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#10Misdreavus573Posted 8/19/2013 6:00:53 PM
I would think the only people that would actually believe this would be irrational genwunners.