This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

idea for a new rival character

#1sandstormflygonPosted 8/19/2013 6:00:16 PM
. my idea for a rival in a new pokemon game would be sort of an arrogant guy. also bragging about his strength with little respect for anyone even adults. goes buy a self-proclaimed nick name " the greatest pokemon master" or refers to himself as a "king" when it comes to pokemon battles and everyone else is a peasant . he would be extremely loud and short tampered. rarely listens. even if it's a minor accomplishment he would go on about how "great" he is. he would be pretty lively and energetic compared to other rivals but totally full of himself. a lot like black star for soul eater except more selfish and rude. despite coming off as a loud idiot he kinda of smart and has skills to back his ego. also he could come from a rich family.
#2DarkKirby2500Posted 8/19/2013 6:03:43 PM
The #1 issue with most rivals is their Pokemon team plain sucks donkey, so no matter their personality, you never take them seriously.

Blue/Gary at least showed up at purposely inconvenient times.

Wally did that in Ruby/Sapphire at the end of the game, them they actually nerfed him in Emerald so he showed up at the beginning of Victory Road rather then the exist.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#3TheMasterTurtlePosted 8/19/2013 6:08:25 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
The #1 issue with most rivals is their Pokemon team plain sucks donkey, so no matter their personality, you never take them seriously.

Blue/Gary at least showed up at purposely inconvenient times.

Wally did that in Ruby/Sapphire at the end of the game, them they actually nerfed him in Emerald so he showed up at the beginning of Victory Road rather then the exist.

If you're doing a nuzlocke run, you take everything seriously.

I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU BIANCA!
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 8/19/2013 6:10:37 PM
And whenever he runs into you, he says "THUD" for no reason.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#5TheMasterTurtlePosted 8/19/2013 6:11:38 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
And whenever he runs into you, he says "THUD" for no reason.

That's what I do.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#6Seaman_PrimePosted 8/19/2013 6:16:51 PM
i'm tired of the rivlas being all friendly and nice, i liked it better when they were ***holes like gary and silver
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code:
3611 0983 4045
#7gans626Posted 8/19/2013 6:17:35 PM
sandstormflygon posted...
. my idea for a rival in a new pokemon game would be sort of an arrogant guy. also bragging about his strength with little respect for anyone even adults. goes buy a self-proclaimed nick name " the greatest pokemon master" or refers to himself as a "king" when it comes to pokemon battles and everyone else is a peasant . he would be extremely loud and short tampered. rarely listens. even if it's a minor accomplishment he would go on about how "great" he is. he would be pretty lively and energetic compared to other rivals but totally full of himself. a lot like black star for soul eater except more selfish and rude. despite coming off as a loud idiot he kinda of smart and has skills to back his ego. also he could come from a rich family.

That totally sounds like a dude I work with but he's dumb as bricks and was in foster care cause both parents used to be major druggies
---
Albert Wesker for President 2016
#8Sume_GaiPosted 8/19/2013 6:34:09 PM
Sounds rather like silver (or as I always named him A**hole) except for the whole willful ignorance bit.
#9sandstormflygon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 6:38:46 PM
except unlike silver he not cold and serious