This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This will be my first Pokemon game

#11SocranPosted 8/22/2013 9:01:35 AM
It's worth noting that there will most likely be other differences between the games, but we haven't been told any of them yet. Which is... interesting, because a lack of version-deciding information interferes with the concept of pre-orders. I guess Nintendo and Gamefreak are known for avoiding current marketing trends that get in the way of how they want to do things, though.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#12Moorish_IdolPosted 8/22/2013 11:56:27 AM
Enjoy the games! Don't mind all the competitive tryhards on this board. The game is a blast even if you don't use tier 1.
#13HardHorseJamPosted 8/22/2013 12:19:48 PM
namffohc posted...
So I am 34 and this will be my first Pokemon purchase. Could someone please explain why I should/would buy X instead of Y or vice versa. Not sure how this works. I know they are the same game but I get access to different Pokemon?

If you want to compare the version exclusives that others have listed in this thread, use the links at the bottom of the following page...

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/
#14InhaledCornPosted 8/22/2013 12:21:56 PM
The difference that's between each game is that some Pokemon are available in one but not the other.

At the end of the day, though, with Wi-Fi being so big, it's not that big of a deal. You can easily trade with someone for theirs.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#15tminus31Posted 8/22/2013 12:46:02 PM
Arne83 posted...
Here's what you do...

Look at the Pokemon on the covers of both games. Decide what one you think looks coolest. Buy that one.

Did that for BW

I got W
---
Trying is just a means to an end. If you're proud of the effort, you're mistaking the means for the end.
#16CakeOfLiesPosted 8/22/2013 12:55:09 PM
Arne83 posted...
Here's what you do...

Look at the Pokemon on the covers of both games. Decide what one you think looks coolest. Buy that one.

This, basically.
That's why I got SoulSilver and White 2 and I plan to get Y for the same reason.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF