This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does fire starters get all the love every gen?

#1LeebeenitePosted 8/19/2013 11:48:19 PM
I feel like Feraligatr's only fan. Meganium was awful.

Emploeon was sweet and his design was great but all people talk about from that gen is Infernape, Garchomp, and Cynthia.

Blaziken hogs all the spotlight for Sceptile and Swampert

Unova starters are all bad and not worth talking about

All people talk about is Fennekin this, Fennekin that, Fennekin should be this type, no he should be this type, Fennekin is so cute.

Jesus what about Froakie and Chespin? They get no love. I personally like Froakie the most.

I don't even need to bring Charizard up. There's most likely a Charizard cult where they worship him and sacrifice lizards to his name.
#2LegendaryOozaruPosted 8/19/2013 11:51:59 PM
There are just as many grass starter fans, but like Venusaur they are strong and silent.

Whereas Charizard fans are fat, loud, aggressive reptiles.
#3LightningAce11Posted 8/19/2013 11:52:10 PM
I like feraligatr too.

I like Swampert more than blaziken. They both get equal amounts of attention I think.

Unova starters were not bad.

Froakie master race
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#4ChiefColePosted 8/19/2013 11:53:40 PM
Because fire is usually the strongest and/or fastest which makes the whole game easier. Not to mention grass type has a lot of weaknesses.
---
3DS Friendcode: 4296-3524-7627
#5RotomGuy3Posted 8/19/2013 11:54:10 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
Froakie master race
#6Gleason037Posted 8/19/2013 11:54:11 PM
Feraligatr is still my favorite starter, with Blastoise and Empoleon not far behind.

Swampert? Ugh. I broke my always-water start tradition and grabbed the grass gen 3 just cause.

I think Froakie's ugly and Fennekin's cute so...yup. Great way for a grown man to make his decisions, right? XD
---
PSN: Gleason037
3DS FC: Eh, tell me why you want it and sure.
#7LegendaryOozaruPosted 8/19/2013 11:56:08 PM
ChiefCole posted...
Because fire is usually the strongest and/or fastest which makes the whole game easier. Not to mention grass type has a lot of weaknesses.

Grass - weak to poison ( a garbage type anyway) and ice

Fire - weak to water( lol) rock, ground, fairy, igglybuff etc
#8Hierarchy225Posted 8/19/2013 11:58:53 PM(edited)
Leebeenite posted...
I feel like Feraligatr's only fan. Meganium was awful.

Emploeon was sweet and his design was great but all people talk about from that gen is Infernape, Garchomp, and Cynthia.

Blaziken hogs all the spotlight for Sceptile and Swampert

Unova starters are all bad and not worth talking about

All people talk about is Fennekin this, Fennekin that, Fennekin should be this type, no he should be this type, Fennekin is so cute.

Jesus what about Froakie and Chespin? They get no love. I personally like Froakie the most.

I don't even need to bring Charizard up. There's most likely a Charizard cult where they worship him and sacrifice lizards to his name.

1) Feraligatr was my favorite as well.

2) Blaziken hogs all the spotlight because its the most powerful. Also back in the day Mudkip/Swampert was on top

3) Infernape was the only good Gen 4 starter. It could literally beat down the other two starters with ease thanks to its Fire/Fighting typing. Empoleon was easily the weakest of the 3.
---
The Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X Board // tinyurl.com/jwes6w5
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#9Gleason037Posted 8/19/2013 11:58:19 PM
LegendaryOozaru posted...
ChiefCole posted...

Grass - weak to poison ( a garbage type anyway) and ice

Fire - weak to water( lol) rock, ground, fairy, igglybuff etc

Grass is also weak to bug and flying and fire isn't weak to fairy.

Igglybuff is weak to existing, so it shouldn't pose a threat.
---
PSN: Gleason037
3DS FC: Eh, tell me why you want it and sure.
#10Vesper238Posted 8/20/2013 12:04:42 AM
I think of it as this

The trainer has the flame ambition, that burning will to tackle any obstacle . That's why most MC's are protrayed to have the Fire Starter.

Me, i like the way things flow like water, so naturally i choose the water type :)
---
Shaken, but not Stirred
Alabama Gamer! Roll Tide, War Eagle!