This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does fire starters get all the love every gen?

#31tsunamisurfer08Posted 8/20/2013 5:44:03 AM(edited)
Eh. I liked Feraligatr, Swampert, Sceptile, and Torterra. Didn't really care for the Kanto or Unova starters.

CakeOfLies posted...
Blaziken stomps the E4 + Champion in Ruby and Sapphire.

And Swampert just rolls over everything without even having to worry about weaknesses.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#32ShadowSlash17Posted 8/20/2013 5:57:00 AM
I dislike all of the Kanto starters, but I dislike Charizard less.

I almost always picked Cyndaquill, but I preferred Quilava to Typhlosion. I picked Totodile twice, I think.

Sceptile is my favorite, Blaziken is pretty close, and I like Swampert too. Probably the gen with the best starters.

Infernape is my favorite out of all starters. Empoleon is good as well, but I never pick him since Infernape. Torterra is... Ew.

Emboar is probably one of my most disliked starters, Samurott is meh, and Serperior is the one I always pick. This was a meh gen for starters.
---
KI:U name: SlashZX
FC: 0216-0883-7959
#33MaetchPosted 8/20/2013 6:53:12 AM
Probably because there's usually no better Fire-type in the whole region than the Starter (especially in Sinnoh).
#34Platinum_LuigiPosted 8/20/2013 6:56:21 AM
My opinion's regarding the starters designs:

1st gen:all the starters were great from this gen. Though Venasaur was always my favorite. Imo Vena>Stoise>Zard

2nd gen:Pretty Good designs this gen, but not as good as gen 1. Still Meganium was always my favorite(even if Meganium sucked). Always found Feraligator's design to be pretty meh. Meganium>Typhloshion>Feralligator

3rd Gen:Blaziken looks cool. Swampert looks kinda meh. Sceptile is ok design wise.I picked the grass starter in Sapphire and I had high hopes for Grovyle looked like he was flying in the air in his sprite. I thought he was going to evolve into a badass dragon/grass or grass/flying. I was a little dissapointed he evolved in Sceptile.

Blaziken>Sceptile>Swampert

4th Gen:Loved Empoleon's design. Torterra was really cool too. Infernape had good design too.

Emp>Tor>Nape

5th Gen:Probably the weakest starter designs in the series. Serperior looked cool but was a lousy starter. Embroar's design isn't that bad. Didn't care for Samurrott.

Serp>>Embroar>Samur
---
http://www.last.fm/user/awesome_user
3DS Friend Code-4253-3573-0668
#35SirPiercePosted 8/20/2013 7:04:03 AM
Starter choice during first runthrough each gen...
Squirtle
Totodile
Treecko
Turtwig
Snivy
Froakie

Yup. Lots of Fire love from me. Lol.
---
NNID - Aerontar. Steam - KingAerontar
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#36RotomGuy3Posted 8/20/2013 7:07:46 AM
My starter picks:

- Bulbasaur
- Totodile
- Mudkip
- Turtwig
- Snivy
- Froakie

Ugh Fire types. I am a more grass orientated guy, but Chikorita wasn't very good and I preferred Mudkip over Treeko at the time.
#37FuzzyJelloPosted 8/20/2013 7:08:27 AM
Infernape took the golds because he was demonstrably the best starter, and the only easily accessible fire type in the fourth generation until Platinum aside from Ponyta. Though I did like how DP effectively forced a lot of people to use Rapidash, as a huge Rapidash fan. Wheras Swampert easily matched Blazekien's repute, and I have heard far more disdain than praise for Emboar, I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm grass starters all year errey year, have never picked the other two for a first playthrough, and I can tell you they are the ones everyone forgets. Usually with good reason.