This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does fire starters get all the love every gen?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why does fire starters get all the love every gen?

User Info: tsunamisurfer08

tsunamisurfer08
3 years ago#31
Eh. I liked Feraligatr, Swampert, Sceptile, and Torterra. Didn't really care for the Kanto or Unova starters.

CakeOfLies posted...
Blaziken stomps the E4 + Champion in Ruby and Sapphire.

And Swampert just rolls over everything without even having to worry about weaknesses.
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.

User Info: ShadowSlash17

ShadowSlash17
3 years ago#32
I dislike all of the Kanto starters, but I dislike Charizard less.

I almost always picked Cyndaquill, but I preferred Quilava to Typhlosion. I picked Totodile twice, I think.

Sceptile is my favorite, Blaziken is pretty close, and I like Swampert too. Probably the gen with the best starters.

Infernape is my favorite out of all starters. Empoleon is good as well, but I never pick him since Infernape. Torterra is... Ew.

Emboar is probably one of my most disliked starters, Samurott is meh, and Serperior is the one I always pick. This was a meh gen for starters.
KI:U name: SlashZX
FC: 0216-0883-7959

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
3 years ago#33
Probably because there's usually no better Fire-type in the whole region than the Starter (especially in Sinnoh).

User Info: Platinum_Luigi

Platinum_Luigi
3 years ago#34
My opinion's regarding the starters designs:

1st gen:all the starters were great from this gen. Though Venasaur was always my favorite. Imo Vena>Stoise>Zard

2nd gen:Pretty Good designs this gen, but not as good as gen 1. Still Meganium was always my favorite(even if Meganium sucked). Always found Feraligator's design to be pretty meh. Meganium>Typhloshion>Feralligator

3rd Gen:Blaziken looks cool. Swampert looks kinda meh. Sceptile is ok design wise.I picked the grass starter in Sapphire and I had high hopes for Grovyle looked like he was flying in the air in his sprite. I thought he was going to evolve into a badass dragon/grass or grass/flying. I was a little dissapointed he evolved in Sceptile.

Blaziken>Sceptile>Swampert

4th Gen:Loved Empoleon's design. Torterra was really cool too. Infernape had good design too.

Emp>Tor>Nape

5th Gen:Probably the weakest starter designs in the series. Serperior looked cool but was a lousy starter. Embroar's design isn't that bad. Didn't care for Samurrott.

Serp>>Embroar>Samur
http://www.last.fm/user/awesome_user
3DS Friend Code-4253-3573-0668

User Info: SirPierce

SirPierce
3 years ago#35
Starter choice during first runthrough each gen...
Squirtle
Totodile
Treecko
Turtwig
Snivy
Froakie

Yup. Lots of Fire love from me. Lol.
NNID - Aerontar. Steam - KingAerontar
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.

User Info: RotomGuy3

RotomGuy3
3 years ago#36
My starter picks:

- Bulbasaur
- Totodile
- Mudkip
- Turtwig
- Snivy
- Froakie

Ugh Fire types. I am a more grass orientated guy, but Chikorita wasn't very good and I preferred Mudkip over Treeko at the time.

User Info: FuzzyJello

FuzzyJello
3 years ago#37
Infernape took the golds because he was demonstrably the best starter, and the only easily accessible fire type in the fourth generation until Platinum aside from Ponyta. Though I did like how DP effectively forced a lot of people to use Rapidash, as a huge Rapidash fan. Wheras Swampert easily matched Blazekien's repute, and I have heard far more disdain than praise for Emboar, I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm grass starters all year errey year, have never picked the other two for a first playthrough, and I can tell you they are the ones everyone forgets. Usually with good reason.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why does fire starters get all the love every gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived