This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Predict the next surprising news!

#11JackSolomonPosted 8/20/2013 10:11:08 AM(edited)
You can fully customize your character's clothing.

There is now a Reputation Mechanic:

You can now rack up Reputation Points by beating Trainers, Gym Leaders, The Elite 4, and the Champion, progressing through the story, capturing certain Pokemon (Legendaries and the final evolution of Pseudo-Legendaries), winning Horde Battles, and by completing various sidequests.

Each Trainer has a Reputation of their own. If yours outmatches theirs by a certain amount, they won't challenge you on sight, and you will be able to issue a challenge to them if you choose, in the battle of your choosing (Single, Double, Triple, Rotation, Horde in your favor or theirs, etc) provided they have the requisite number of Pokemon.

You can also earn rewards from Professor Sycamore by reaching a certain Reputation level, such as previous Starters, Mega Stones, clothes, and other items.

As your Rep and story progress grow, you will unlock events with your rivals, either fighting them to raise your own reputation, or helping them increase theirs. These are, of course, optional, but will earn items from them, and flesh out their characters.

Certain Shiny Pokemon may appear in hidden areas if your Reputation is at a certain level, allowing you to fight and capture them. Other Pokemon walking around may not immediately fight you, but will allow you to capture them without a fight if you so choose.

You lose Reputation when you White Out, the greater difference in your Reputation and your opponent, the more Reputation you lose (I.e., if you've beaten the Champion, and then lose to a Route 3 scrub, you're going to lose a LOT of Reputation, as compared to if you lost to one of the Elite 4, where you'd lose only a little.)

Once your Champion, people will occasionally seek you out in the post game to challenge you. These people will be tougher than the Elite 4, and if you lose, they become Champion, meaning you have to beat the Elite 4 again and beat the person who beat you to reclaim your title.
#12Doctor_SpankyPosted 8/20/2013 10:08:00 AM
Israel and Palestine come to any kind of agreement!

...wait u mean pogeymanz news?
#13deathbycookiesPosted 8/20/2013 10:09:48 AM
Omega Pkmn
---
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#14SummonearthPosted 8/20/2013 12:15:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15SummonearthPosted 8/20/2013 12:15:53 PM
The new villain team is not just about getting more money! (Seriously it is more cliche goal than the other villain's team goal except for Team Rocket!)
---
"I will speak my mind and say what I want and if you don't like it, well too bad!" "And my Pikachu pillow says hi"
#16LOGlCPosted 8/20/2013 12:54:21 PM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
Israel and Palestine come to any kind of agreement!

...wait u mean pogeymanz news?

Lol.
---
Currently Playing: SoulSilver
I want: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD reMix, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Ni No Kuni, Pokemon X
#17AsdfYunsungfdsAPosted 8/20/2013 1:04:08 PM
JackSolomon posted...
You can fully customize your character's clothing.

There is now a Reputation Mechanic:

You can now rack up Reputation Points by beating Trainers, Gym Leaders, The Elite 4, and the Champion, progressing through the story, capturing certain Pokemon (Legendaries and the final evolution of Pseudo-Legendaries), winning Horde Battles, and by completing various sidequests.

Each Trainer has a Reputation of their own. If yours outmatches theirs by a certain amount, they won't challenge you on sight, and you will be able to issue a challenge to them if you choose, in the battle of your choosing (Single, Double, Triple, Rotation, Horde in your favor or theirs, etc) provided they have the requisite number of Pokemon.

You can also earn rewards from Professor Sycamore by reaching a certain Reputation level, such as previous Starters, Mega Stones, clothes, and other items.

As your Rep and story progress grow, you will unlock events with your rivals, either fighting them to raise your own reputation, or helping them increase theirs. These are, of course, optional, but will earn items from them, and flesh out their characters.

Certain Shiny Pokemon may appear in hidden areas if your Reputation is at a certain level, allowing you to fight and capture them. Other Pokemon walking around may not immediately fight you, but will allow you to capture them without a fight if you so choose.

You lose Reputation when you White Out, the greater difference in your Reputation and your opponent, the more Reputation you lose (I.e., if you've beaten the Champion, and then lose to a Route 3 scrub, you're going to lose a LOT of Reputation, as compared to if you lost to one of the Elite 4, where you'd lose only a little.)

Once your Champion, people will occasionally seek you out in the post game to challenge you. These people will be tougher than the Elite 4, and if you lose, they become Champion, meaning you have to beat the Elite 4 again and beat the person who beat you to reclaim your title.

I've wanted this since the DS generation began. Needs to happen SO much.
---
Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thecrazyazn
#18OfficialAce-KunPosted 8/20/2013 1:09:33 PM
The rival is actually the incarnation of Pokemon's hated of being captured and forced to battlle and decides to pull a Team Plasma
---
Men are like cows, if you don't mlik them they explode.
#19Victrin88Posted 8/20/2013 1:25:43 PM
All the reveals from the last few months were an elaborate rickroll.
---
Gaymers Unite!
#20GolurkcanflyPosted 8/20/2013 1:28:33 PM
Fairy Type and Dark Type are super-effective against eachother.
---
Official Mega Aggron of the Pokemon X Board
"Face the power of Steel!" - Neal, Future Gym Leader of Chroma City.