This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Less than 2 months to go and we still don't know the Starter evolutions

#1R__TruthPosted 8/20/2013 8:50:41 AM
do you hope we get them before release, or are you looking forward to being surprised when your starter evolves?
---
3DS FC - 3050-8064-0629
#2CalciferJenkinsPosted 8/20/2013 8:51:33 AM
I'll definitely look them up before I choose. I've absolutely no control.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 8/20/2013 8:51:36 AM
I want to see starter evos before getting the game, but I'm probably picking Froakie anyway.

And Gen 5 was the same way. The starter evos weren't revealed until like a week before the game came out.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#4lordlugia_rocksPosted 8/20/2013 8:52:12 AM
I want to know the stats and designs of the final evos.

Right now it's a toss up between Chespin and Fennekin for me so I want to know which one has the cooler design in the final stage. I like Chespin because I always start with the grass starter and he's pretty cute, yet I like Fennekin because he's a fennec fox....
---
#RememberTheManticore - SMITE
"I'll bait you and outsmart you" - nobody important
#5AzurinaiPosted 8/20/2013 8:56:04 AM
Starters don't evolve, just have really high stats and megavolutions.

-Legit Source
---
This post has a +1 to topic killing, +3 vs Trolls and other regenerating entities.
NNID- Azurus MHU- Raiss Team Noir: Ninetales
#6jayman7Posted 8/20/2013 9:09:52 AM(edited)
Fourth gen we didn't know the starter evos until after the game came out in Japan. Fifth gen less than two months before - and those were leaked! People on this board either have terrible memories, or they are very confused due to the worldwide release.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#7R__Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 9:11:01 AM
jayman7 posted...
Fourth gen we didn't know the starters until after the game came out in Japan. Fifth gen less than two months before - and those were leaked! People on this board either have terrible memories, or they are very confused due to the worldwide release.

i quit pokemon after DPP was released, and didn't get back into it until BW2 was about to come out.
---
3DS FC - 3050-8064-0629
#8InhaledCornPosted 8/20/2013 9:13:13 AM
For once, I kinda wanna be surprised.

I mean, if I happen to see them before I pick, fine. But, as it is, I'm probably picking Froakie anyway.

As much as I don't care for the anime, every time I see Froakie in the previews, I just fall in love with it all the more.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#9jayman7Posted 8/20/2013 9:13:55 AM
R__Truth posted...
jayman7 posted...
Fourth gen we didn't know the starters until after the game came out in Japan. Fifth gen less than two months before - and those were leaked! People on this board either have terrible memories, or they are very confused due to the worldwide release.

i quit pokemon after DPP was released, and didn't get back into it until BW2 was about to come out.

That's your problem then.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10NitharadPosted 8/20/2013 9:14:31 AM
I'll wait for a full Pokedex (meaning with full movepool and stats) with exclusive Pokemon listened, plan out my team and then decide on a verison.