This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Pokemon now really deserves a spot in SSB?

#1Dark_ZoroarkPosted 8/20/2013 8:59:38 AM
-Pikachu (As always)
-Jigglypuff (New moveset Potential)
-Mewtwo (Returning, Demanded by fans for ages, new Moveset Potential)
-Lucario (Fan Favorite and new moveset potential)
-Pokemon Trainer (Deserves to return, new anime special)
-Blaziken (Gen 3 needs reps, new moveset)
---
ATTN: This user is forbidden to post forever, its account will be Banned in 3 days.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=1947548
#2GL10Posted 8/20/2013 9:01:56 AM
Myself, I'm rooting for Lucario and Mewtwo. Megavolutions were like the answer to my prayers.
---
Before you complain about the lag, keep in mind that Jesus had to wait three days to respawn!
#3Doctor_SpankyPosted 8/20/2013 9:06:15 AM
- Pikadude's not going anywhere
- Jigglypuff was one of the original 16, (s)he's sticking around
- Pokemon Trainer hopefully makes the cut, he was one of the most fun characters
- Mewtwo/Lucario: I'd rather see them use a new Pokemon each game
- Blaziken seems like a natural addition; it's a fighting type and they're promoting it with the wifi release
#4RemixV4Posted 8/20/2013 9:09:40 AM
I can see Mewtwo returning with his Mega form as a final smash.
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#5InhaledCornPosted 8/20/2013 9:11:44 AM
Those all seem like the likely choices. I know it's not fair to favor one starter over the others, but Blaziken gets generally better treatment than the others anyway. It was the one of the original 5 (6 if you count Mewtwo) Pokemon revealed when Mega Evolutions was confirmed to be a thing. It seems to be the Lucario and Zoroark for Gen 3, even though I've heard others say it's Absol.

Still, considering the first event for X/Y is a Torchic that can become Mega Blaziken and Blaziken was one of the two Pokemon in the sneak peak at the new game (the other being Lucario), I'd say Blaziken is very likely.

It's Final Smash will likely be either Mega Evolution like I assume will happen to Lucario and Mewtwo, or it will be Blast Burn. Maybe Smash4 will have both a transformation and finishing move like Dissidia. Considering a lot of the characters do have transformations, that is quite possible (and for those who don't, they can do the "equip strongest weapon/s" thing like in Dissidia).
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#6nblasteroinPosted 8/20/2013 9:12:36 AM
Blaziken, Mega Blaziken as it's special.
---
3DS FC : 1891 - 2262 - 3841
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4814 - 4828 - 7842
#7NitharadPosted 8/20/2013 10:31:32 AM
As playable characters:

Pikachu is a staple of the Smash Bros franchise, he *has* to be in it. I mean, I don't like Pikachu, but I would still miss him, if not included in Smash Bros.

Lucario or Mewtwo with their MegaEvolutons being their new FinalSmash Transformation. (if FinalSmashes are still in the game).

When it comes to Pokeball Pokemon I would really like to see Whimsicott floating around doing some pranking like ... everyone besides you trips over a Substitute doll... or something.
And Jirachi should be upgraded from dropping stickers to healing you or damaging an opponent.
How about giving Jirachi a REALLY low chance to appear (1%) and it has a 25% chance of healing you completly, 25% chance to give a random opponent 999% damage, a 25% chance to drop another random item and a 25% chance to just drop candy that can heal everyone who picks them up a bit? Would add a random factor to it since it's the wishing Pokemon.