This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

English Trademark for Pokemon Fighter Game filed

#1AuraWielderPosted 8/20/2013 9:01:47 AM
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trademarks_found_for_new_Pok%C3%A9mon_product

Recently, The Pokemon Company International has filed two new trademarks for 'Pokken Fighters' and 'Pokken Tournament'. It sounds like that there could be a Pokemon Fighter coming up, especially if that screenshot with Blaziken and Lucario is taken into consideration. The idea of an official Pokemon Fighter (Pokemon Rumble doesn't count) sounds awesome, and from the name, it sounds like it will be based a bit on Tekken. If this is real, I might actually buy into this.
What about you guys?
---
I am a Christian, and proud of it.
Founder of the deviantArt Noivern Fan Club! http://noivern-fan-club.deviantart.com/
#2Doctor_SpankyPosted 8/20/2013 9:04:55 AM
Sounds pretty fun, for everyone who can afford a Wii U. And a TV. ...and electricity :(
#3EmptyStar12Posted 8/20/2013 9:05:48 AM
The title is misleading, they didn't actually file for Fighting game, they filed for one that SOUNDS like one.
=/

Anyway, I'd be disappointed. I was hoping we were finally gonna get a new console RPG/ Stadium.
---
BW FC: 5071 3224 4419.
#4R0cks0l1ddPosted 8/20/2013 9:07:45 AM
EmptyStar12 posted...
The title is misleading, they didn't actually file for Fighting game, they filed for one that SOUNDS like one.
=/

Anyway, I'd be disappointed. I was hoping we were finally gonna get a new console RPG/ Stadium.

Stadium games are basically useless now with XY (unless you care about minigames and HD graphics) and who said they can't do both?
---
Official everything of every board.
#5XWolfOPosted 8/20/2013 9:09:04 AM
I would love it if this was a Pokemon fighting game. Judging by the name, yeah, it does sound like Tekken, which makes me kind of excited, but I'll wait for the official news about what this game actually is (or rather, will be).

If it really does turn out to be a good fighting game, and if it turns out it's getting an international release, I'm going to be so excited, but as I said, I'll just wait before I get my hopes up and end up being disappointed.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#6TheZuperHeroPosted 8/20/2013 10:18:07 AM
XWolfO posted...
if it turns out it's getting an international release

I highly doubt it wouldn't see an international release, especially since the trademark the OP mentioned was filed in English . . .
---
Currently Playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, SMT IV, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3DS FC: 4167-4549-4028 (Feel free to add, message to be added back!)
#7Shadow_StarWolfPosted 8/20/2013 10:19:09 AM
Bulba's news is wrong as expected.

It's not specifically for fighting. It's a trademark that affects all (including card games).
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#8SergeantJamjarsPosted 8/20/2013 10:22:02 AM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
Sounds pretty fun, for everyone who can afford a Wii U. And a TV. ...and electricity :(

I can understand the Wii U part, but..TV and electricity..unless you are posting from an internet cafe

in which case..im sorry :(
---
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL TAUROS GETS A MEGA EVOLUTION! 08/01/2013
3DS FC: 3909 - 8809 - 2854, PS3: NinjaChildPrime
#9Arne83Posted 8/20/2013 10:25:09 AM
My only question is... if this really is a fighting game... who is gonna make the cut? Because while it would be awesome to see... I doubt we're gonna get a roster of 600-700+ characters.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#10DrakoVongola1Posted 8/20/2013 10:34:16 AM
Arne83 posted...
My only question is... if this really is a fighting game... who is gonna make the cut? Because while it would be awesome to see... I doubt we're gonna get a roster of 600-700+ characters.

All of the fighting types.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.