This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

English Trademark for Pokemon Fighter Game filed

#11XWolfOPosted 8/20/2013 11:38:48 AM
TheZuperHero posted...
XWolfO posted...
if it turns out it's getting an international release

I highly doubt it wouldn't see an international release, especially since the trademark the OP mentioned was filed in English . . .

Right. Silly me. Thanks for pointing it out for me. I can't really think straight today.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#12LtCmdDudefellaPosted 8/20/2013 11:45:22 AM
I'd just like to point out that Pokken does not mean Tekken. Ken in japanese means fist. Generally used to represent fist fighting in japanese.
#13R0cks0l1ddPosted 8/20/2013 12:07:41 PM(edited)
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
Bulba's news is wrong as expected.

It's not specifically for fighting. It's a trademark that affects all (including card games).

Read the actual article next time. It never mentions anything about fighting. It just one of them is called Pokken Fighters and that "ken" means fist in Japanese. It's TC who jumped to conclusions.
---
Official everything of every board.
#14AuraWielder(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 12:41:06 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...

It's not specifically for fighting. It's a trademark that affects all (including card games).

Read the actual article next time. It never mentions anything about fighting. It just one of them is called Pokken Fighters and that "ken" means fist in Japanese. It's TC who jumped to conclusions.

Well, with a title like 'Pokken Fighters', what am I supposed to assume? A fighting game is the first natural assumption I'd make, especially since 'ken' means fist in Japanese and that the title is similar to 'Tekken', another fighting game series. I don't think it will have to do with the TCG, since the Japanese trademark was filed under the video-game related categories.
---
I am a Christian, and proud of it.
Founder of the deviantArt Noivern Fan Club! http://noivern-fan-club.deviantart.com/
#15EmperorDoomPosted 8/20/2013 12:52:17 PM
Eh. Fighting games are fun for maybe a week. Hope this ends up being something else.
---
"The clapping shall go on for another hour. Have the first one who stops clapping brought out and shot."
--Victor von Doom (Earth-616)
#16R0cks0l1ddPosted 8/20/2013 12:54:57 PM
AuraWielder posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...

Well, with a title like 'Pokken Fighters', what am I supposed to assume? A fighting game is the first natural assumption I'd make, especially since 'ken' means fist in Japanese and that the title is similar to 'Tekken', another fighting game series. I don't think it will have to do with the TCG, since the Japanese trademark was filed under the video-game related categories.

I wasn't attacking you. I was just saying that he was wrong. You're probably right anyway.
---
Official everything of every board.
#17AuraWielder(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 1:02:55 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
AuraWielder posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...

I wasn't attacking you. I was just saying that he was wrong. You're probably right anyway.

Sorry if I sounded nasty. Anyway, I do like the idea of a true Pokemon fighter. Maybe it'll play like Dissidia? At the very least, I hope that it doesn't play like Smash, considering the fact that I'll be getting SSB4 for 3DS. If this new game is for the Wii U, it could make me do a 180 and purchase a Wii U.
---
I am a Christian, and proud of it.
Founder of the deviantArt Noivern Fan Club! http://noivern-fan-club.deviantart.com/
#18LexifoxPosted 8/20/2013 1:29:50 PM
A Pokemon fighting game?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon_Rumble_Arena

omg stop ripping off digimon!!1
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod