This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people think fusions will ACUALLY happen?

#1SirPikachuPosted 8/20/2013 1:19:32 PM
Yea, I know people are gonna say "Kyreum!kyreum!" But you know what? That's different. That's putting half of that pokémon back in it's body, almost forming the pokémon it once was.

It would be different with normal pokémon, like could you imagine Ash, who bonds with his pokémon(or at least used to) just say "Well that's slap you suckers together!"

Pokémon is a game that, at multiple points says that Pokémon are your friends, why would you shove two of your friends consciousnesses(?) together?

Anyways, that's why fusions are just stupid outside of special pokémon.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#2fahademonPosted 8/20/2013 1:21:15 PM
They jest.
---
3DS FC:3222-6949-4801 | Tell me if you add me so I can add you back. :)
Official Lugia and MegaBlaziken of all Pokemon Boards.
#3RemixV4Posted 8/20/2013 1:21:43 PM
Dugtrio? Slowbro? Fusions can work if done correctly.
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#4Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 8/20/2013 1:22:27 PM
I would alchemy the carp out of something like Escavalier so I can make a shield with my Honedge!
That sort of stuff you are talking about? ;)
---
3DS_FC_1907-8641-1413
So excited for October 12th, 2013!
#5GolurkcanflyPosted 8/20/2013 1:23:39 PM
No. Pokemon Fusion is a terrible concept. Also, do you realize how long it would take for every possible combination? Just using the current National Pokedex is 421201 combinations. That would be a really hard and take a very long time to code.
---
Official Mega Aggron of the Pokemon X Board
"Face the power of Steel!" - Neal, Future Gym Leader of Chroma City.
#6kaiser ryuPosted 8/20/2013 1:25:05 PM
Fusions will happen. Be it in 4 years or 12 or however many it takes. The franchise will do this.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#7SirPikachu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 1:27:54 PM
RemixV4 posted...

Hm. I actually forgot about that. But I mean like fusing a Charmander and Squirtle to get some new abomination of a pokémon, and like that other guy said, there would be a ton, and none of them would have dex numbers and they would just be a horrible idea.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#8LexifoxPosted 8/20/2013 1:28:52 PM
Seeing as Kyurem has it built into its lore, I don't see it becoming something that would happen as a regular thing. This is exacerbated by the fact that there are literally hundreds of Pokemon and having that many fusions would take too much work and memory. If we ever do see fusions, it will be like Kyurem - very restricted with who can do it.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9GolurkcanflyPosted 8/20/2013 1:29:50 PM
kaiser ryu posted...
Fusions will happen. Be it in 4 years or 12 or however many it takes. The franchise will do this.

No. Too many variables. Maybe to some extent like more of the B-Kyurem/W-Kyurem stuff but no.
---
Official Mega Aggron of the Pokemon X Board
"Face the power of Steel!" - Neal, Future Gym Leader of Chroma City.
#10RemixV4Posted 8/20/2013 1:32:33 PM
SirPikachu posted...
RemixV4 posted...

Hm. I actually forgot about that. But I mean like fusing a Charmander and Squirtle to get some new abomination of a pokémon, and like that other guy said, there would be a ton, and none of them would have dex numbers and they would just be a horrible idea.

THAT would never happen. If anything, they might do a couple, but every possible combo would be impossible. Unless they want to go bankrupt.
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.