This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Symbolism in Pokemon, What is your favorite, and Why?

#21Arne83Posted 8/21/2013 5:57:04 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Pokemon the game taught me that genetic limitations are very real and the mass majority are generically inferior and cannot compete with the genetically superior no matter how much effort you put into it unless you resort to... methods that allow you to surpass your genetic limitations.

The hell does that symbolize? Transhumanism?
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#22GolurkcanflyPosted 8/21/2013 6:11:47 PM
Socran posted...
Vesper238 posted...
Symbolize something in the real world

playing an instrument made to summon a stairway into the heavens to meet the creator of the world you stand above, where this creator tests your strength and prowess to possibly capture a likeness of it to use as a partner.

...I'm confused.

RDS1 posted...
GrimlockSmash posted...
Mine is how Reshiram and Zekrom represent Truth and Ideals and I guess Kyurem is the median of it.

I think Kyurem is supposed to be the emptiness you're left with when you've lost both truth and ideals, actually.

Kyurem represents a zen-like state where you've given up your worldly passions and no longer have a need for Yin or Yang. Taoism, yo.

One thing I like is how N's motive is a corruption of the "morals" of previous Pokemon games. What used to be "Pokemon and people need to work together and be good to each other" has become far too focused on the Pokemon and tends to completely ignore the human factor. N has an Autism-like disconnect from the rest of humanity, which leads him to damage the bond between people and Pokemon in the opposite manner that the previous Teams did.

Kyurem represents Wuji, the absence of Yin and Yang. Spiritual emptiness if you will.
---
Official Mega Aggron of the Pokemon X Board
"Face the power of Steel!" - Neal, Future Gym Leader of Chroma City.
#23DarkKirby2500Posted 8/22/2013 8:05:58 AM(edited)
Arne83 posted...
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Pokemon the game taught me that genetic limitations are very real and the mass majority are generically inferior and cannot compete with the genetically superior no matter how much effort you put into it unless you resort to... methods that allow you to surpass your genetic limitations.

The hell does that symbolize? Transhumanism?

IVs. Hey, they are realistic. If you short and weak generically you're not going to become a successful basketball player no matter how hard you try, nature didn't deal you that hand. You know, unless you resort to genetic limitation surpassing methods.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#24Zelda_AranPosted 8/22/2013 5:53:20 PM
This one is a stretch, but I'm going to go with slowbro. It had its tail bitten by a shellder and it was forced to become a hunter rather than a fisher. It could be similar to how in real life you may end up with a burden that you must shoulder, and it may require you to change.
---
"Oh, was that a bit too much?"-Raine Sage, ToS
"Two men enter, one man leaves"-Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome