This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to make Slaking viable?

#11NessEggmanPosted 8/22/2013 3:50:29 PM
NVM, I figured that would be a cool strat but Entrainment doesn't work on Truant wtf! lol
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#12agent9149Posted 8/22/2013 3:52:28 PM
Cofagrigus with meanlook. Give the opponent mummy. Switch to slaking. Done.
#13kaonohiokalaPosted 8/22/2013 4:10:51 PM(edited)
Slaking isn't worth the set-up regardless of tier.

EDIT: On the other hand, it's fun to use Slaking in-game, because you can use items on his off-turns (whether it be healing or battle items).
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#14Hanon623Posted 8/22/2013 4:20:48 PM
I see some people are recommending the slower mummyking combo. It's fine if you want to be down a pokemon but if you use eject button cofagrigus, you can keep your little mummy and make a mummyking just the same and it's faster and less predictable.

If an enemy sees you have slaking and cofagrigus they just won't attack cofa with contact moves, if it's holding eject button however it can switch in on any contact move the opponent makes (like scizors bullet punch) give it mummy and automatically eject to Slaking without wasting a turn. The downside is cofagrigus is weakened and has no item but the upside is Slaking comes in without a scratch against a mummified opponent.

This strategy sadly won't work as well nowadays with drizzle toad promoting more specially based matches keldeo, terrakion and the like are faster than slaking and can ohko knowing that the mummyking can't switch (reliably).

Another option would be to just Norman it, and give Slaking himself the eject button letting you use giga impact on a slower foe get hit and switch to whoever you want no drawback. It's riskier but you don't have to handicap any other mon like you do with mummyking and it'll only work once if the opponent predicts it you're basically set up fodder.
#15fddsfsasfPosted 8/22/2013 4:25:41 PM
sadly, because of the huge power creep in Gen V even if Slaking got rid of truant it would be UU at best due to only passable speed and lacking defenses and type.
#16Arcanine2009Posted 8/23/2013 8:42:13 PM
Just give him a mega evolution which he gets another ability.. lol
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#17-hotdogturtle--Posted 8/23/2013 11:42:23 PM
Teach it Pursuit, put Yamask/Cofagrigus on the same team. Let the ghost die by a physical attack and switch to Slaking. Use Pursuit. Your ability is now mummy, but you can't switch out or you'll lose it. It's a nice finisher, tough and Yamask/Cofagrigus are by no means bad walls on their own.

Hit em with a giga impact

He said viable.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC