This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Smogon ban this generation is the most stupid IYO?

#41Krio Lv3Posted 8/22/2013 9:03:07 PM
Blaziken easily, he had his place in UU IIRC and because of an ability you can't even get without cheating, the whole Pokemon (which for any legit players, is BS) is now in uber regardless of an ability it comes with the normal way. Go **** yourself Smogon.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#42Sloth9230Posted 8/22/2013 9:13:35 PM
Krio Lv3 posted...
Blaziken easily, he had his place in UU IIRC and because of an ability you can't even get without cheating, the whole Pokemon (which for any legit players, is BS) is now in uber regardless of an ability it comes with the normal way. Go **** yourself Smogon.

It was available in japan for a time IIRC, not that it matters since they use simulators, which is what their tiers lists are usually used for.

So I don't see what being a "legit player" has anything to do with...
#43ClassyOldHatPosted 8/22/2013 9:27:11 PM
Tornadus T was my choice for the poll. Reading it's page, the reason it's in ubers is pretty much summed up as "it can heal off Stealth Rock on the switch in! Even though none of its stats are amazing, and it's movepool is lacking, this clearly makes it OP!" As if we needed any more proof of Smogon's not-so-secret love affair with Stealth Rock...

Landorus I struck me as odd too, but not following that portion of the metagame, and it's reasoning not being clearly explained on its page last I checked, I can't say with confidence it was a bad move.

And of Course, Blaze Blaziken. Speed boost wasn't even released outside of Japan IIRC, so in most cases, that would never come up anyway. But of course I understand their reasoning: "no complex bans, except for Drizzle/Swift Swim, because even after saying in gens 3 and 4 that even just having level 1 Kyogre/Groudon to start weather would destroy the metagame, we like Drizzle too much now to ban it, no matter how OP it is, but we don't like Blaziken enough to keep it."
#44KeeperOfShadowsPosted 8/22/2013 9:40:12 PM
They all made sense to an extent. Some less than others, but none were outright undeserved.

Out of all of them I'd say Deoxys-D was the one I expected the least.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#45sonicfanaticjtbPosted 8/22/2013 10:04:28 PM
-Oath- posted...
Blaziken for sure. How do you ban a starter? That must have crushed a lot of people who picked and loved him. Smogon is too lazy to be fair to many Pokemon on their list. They need to start testing these things.

They do. All day, every day.

ClassyOldHat posted...
Tornadus T was my choice for the poll. Reading it's page, the reason it's in ubers is pretty much summed up as "it can heal off Stealth Rock on the switch in! Even though none of its stats are amazing, and it's movepool is lacking, this clearly makes it OP!" As if we needed any more proof of Smogon's not-so-secret love affair with Stealth Rock...

Landorus I struck me as odd too, but not following that portion of the metagame, and it's reasoning not being clearly explained on its page last I checked, I can't say with confidence it was a bad move.

And of Course, Blaze Blaziken. Speed boost wasn't even released outside of Japan IIRC, so in most cases, that would never come up anyway. But of course I understand their reasoning: "no complex bans, except for Drizzle/Swift Swim, because even after saying in gens 3 and 4 that even just having level 1 Kyogre/Groudon to start weather would destroy the metagame, we like Drizzle too much now to ban it, no matter how OP it is, but we don't like Blaziken enough to keep it."

If I remember correctly, Stealth rock was nearly suspected last gen uu, and I'm pretty sure that that there's several users on Smogon that hate Rocks just as much as anyone else. I mean, doesn't showdown have a stealth rock-less ladder or something? I forget...

As far as your comments on Drizzle; things change. This isn't the 3rd gen metagame. This isn't the 4th gen metagame. This is the 5th gen metagame. Infinite rain being declared to powerful the last two gens doesn't mean anything for this gen. As it turns out, it was determined to be just fine this gen.
---
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"
"I don't give a damn what other people think. What do ya think about that?"