This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"More than 1500 Cheaters took Part in the 2013 Global Showdown"

#231SMASHKING84Posted 8/27/2013 4:35:31 AM
I have a way to fix pokemon forever
1.Max EVERY item in the game(excluding key items,and tm/hms)
buyable at battle
subway

2.make it so we can buy items that let us change a pokemon's ivs
3.make it so we can buy an item that makes pokemon shiny
4.make it so egg moves are now something you can buy
5.make it so we can buy an item that changes a pokemon's
ability
6.buyable master balls
7.buy an item to change your pokemon's ability.(only can give it abilities it can have)

now here's the BEST part you can buy all these items at the battle subway
THEN make it so we can WAGER our bp. let us wager our bp and then fight a trainer with 6 level 100 pokemon if we win the trainer gives us DOUBLE what ever bp we JUST wagered.
if we lose we lose that bp.

their you go i took out all the pointless grinding and luck pokemon is now ONLY ABOUT SKILL.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4
#232Bushido20Posted 8/27/2013 8:21:08 AM
Osranger posted...
kingjam1 posted...
Their fault for making IVs so stupid.

This statement makes me sad.

It's true tho. IVs is the main cause why a lot of people cheat at this game. Well that and the ridiculous amount of pokes you CAN'T catch in the wild. GF had the chance to change the IVs multiple times and didn't take it. They had the chance to make this game much less reliant on cheating. But they didn't take it. This is on GF's hands just as much as the cheaters. GF can't complain in my opinion. Lets hope they learn the lesson with X & Y and get rid of IVs.
---
"It's called Xbox One because it took 359 steps backwards!"
#233WetstewPosted 8/27/2013 10:08:27 AM
IVs aren't bad, they are just implemented poorly. They should reduce the range and make it more manipulatible in breeding.

Like having a pokemon fully EV trained in a stat guaranteed to have offspring with that stat's IV improved.

Or maybe have it so that a fully ev trained pokemon can't have offspring with lower IVs than it's parents'.

A way to lock moves so they can't be forgotten I'm the daycare would make breeding less tedious. Not to mention the number of steps certain pokemon take to hatch is too much. It makes sense during the game but there should be a post game item/side quest that reduces hatch time.
---
For every good thing in life, there is one indirect link to a photo service. -eco master
#234vital_tundraPosted 8/27/2013 10:10:46 AM
SorceressTharja posted...
1500 cheated badly. I'd say closer to 10000 cheated.

Couldn't agree more.
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)
#235zinformantPosted 8/27/2013 10:12:00 AM
feeltheninjitsu posted...
Missingno_Mastr posted...
kingjam1 posted...
Their fault for making IVs so stupid.

Wait, are you actually trying to defend the cheaters? That's just wrong. I don't care how true your statement about IVs is, there is no justification for cheating. I know- I used to cheat, until my conscience got the better of me, years and years ago. I lost a Pelipper to cheating- a good and faithful Pokémon I was very close to.

Weeks of IV breeding doesn't guarantee perfect IVs. Luck shouldn't give one player superior Pokemon. Pokemon is a game about smart teambuilding and smart utilization of that team, not a get-lucky-with-perfect-IVs game. Hacking for perfect IVs is what keeps the game fair. It makes the floor level. Perfect IVs is the competitive standard. Competitive players build teams expecting their opponents to have perfect IVs.

Nonsense. Pokemon is an RPG, and luck is a part of the genre. Competitive players work to remove luck from the equation, but that's because they believe luck allows the 'worse' player to win. They're the 'better' player. Luck messes with prediction slightly, but prediction isn't and shouldn't be everything. And having perfect IVs no standard. It goes against the very idea of IVs to load a team with 31s across the board.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
No news now-
#236ShanoaPosted 8/27/2013 10:17:01 AM
Honeslty, I don't blame them. The idea behind IVs and to a lesser extent EVs and Natures are stupid.
#237gans626Posted 8/27/2013 10:35:15 AM
hey this topic is back, yay!!!!!!!!!!
---
Albert Wesker for President 2016
#238Sloth9230Posted 8/27/2013 10:41:37 AM
Shanoa posted...
Honeslty, I don't blame them. The idea behind IVs and to a lesser extent EVs and Natures are stupid.

Natures and EVs are the greatest thing since Charizard.
#239GBeastMegamanBXPosted 8/27/2013 10:50:06 AM
I would like to know how they got caught and why was it noticed after the event.
---
"I noticed your beautiful hair right away" - Minato to Kushina
#240FuzzyJelloPosted 8/27/2013 12:07:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]