This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can we safely confirm Fennekin's evolution as a Fire/Psychic type?

#21Mcis1979Posted 8/21/2013 12:19:09 PM
Lol at The ppl saying the froakie evos cant be half dark BC it would make it impossible to beat the rival. whatever! if you don't have multiple types on your team by that point and use a different Pokemon to slay the rivals starter your not doing it right. As if!
#22Puma_ItaliaPosted 8/21/2013 12:19:49 PM
I thought we were safely confirming that for a while.
---
Pokemon White 2- 0347-7093-6129
#23CedlowPosted 8/21/2013 1:02:46 PM
wingblade98 posted...
Missingno_Mastr posted...
wingblade98 posted...
well yeah. we've been able to for a while now

This. The Pokebeach leak has proven to be reliable time and time again.

however, i'm thinking that maybe froakie IS water/dark and chespin is grass/fighting. the reason? well, ninjas are generally dark types. maybe he was trying to like, remove suspicion

This! At one point the leaker said chespin was grass/fighting and froakie was water/dark. But then later said he got the typing mixed up. But maybe he didn't really mix the types up and only said that to lower suspicion. Or maybe I'm completely wrong I just really wouldn't want chespin to be part dark.
---
3DS FC- 2981-5785-3794
Pokemon white 2 FC-2838-7906-7636
#24NeonDragon9000Posted 8/21/2013 1:07:23 PM
Gen. II introduced the Dark-type. Totodile, through leveling up, could learn both Bite and Crunch. Did we safely assume Feraligatr was Water/Dark?
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#25Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 8/21/2013 1:09:19 PM
SuperRup91 posted...
Chespin learns rollout...can we safely say it is grass/rock?

Of course we can ;)
---
3DS_FC_1907-8641-1413
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
#26kaiser ryuPosted 8/21/2013 1:13:35 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Gen. II introduced the Dark-type. Totodile, through leveling up, could learn both Bite and Crunch. Did we safely assume Feraligatr was Water/Dark?

Are you dense or do you really not see the difference?
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#27SR71halo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 1:14:59 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...

Except the difference is Psybeam is usually only learned by Psychic and Bug types (with a few exceptions). Just like Rollout goes to sphere shaped Pokemon, Bite and Crunch go to anyone with sharp teeth.
---
Scoreboard:
Xbox: 1, Playstation: 4
#28jayman7Posted 8/21/2013 1:30:23 PM
wingblade98 posted...
Missingno_Mastr posted...
wingblade98 posted...
well yeah. we've been able to for a while now

This. The Pokebeach leak has proven to be reliable time and time again.

however, i'm thinking that maybe froakie IS water/dark and chespin is grass/fighting. the reason? well, ninjas are generally dark types. maybe he was trying to like, remove suspicion

In this franchise, all existing ninjas are Bug types, and none of them are Dark. >_>

Mewtwo_soul posted...
wingblade98 posted...

No. I doubt that, that would break the type chart. If Fire is Fire/Psychic and Water is Water/Dark that means it would be damn near impossible to win in a standoff. Which GF/Nintendo never does. (For instance, Fire/Flying : Charizard was not invincible or ale to negate Poison type from Venasaur in Gen I/etc.)

Or like Blastoise against Venusaur, which had... uh... hm.

(Not that I'm expecting this part of the leak to be false.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#29Rogue MuttPosted 8/21/2013 1:32:10 PM
MeepleLardicle posted...
JoJoX200 posted...
SuperRup91 posted...
Chespin learns rollout...can we safely say it is grass/rock?

I read that pretty often. While I could see it being Grass/Rock for whatever reason, I assume Chespin gets the move because several of its design points(chestnuts and hedgehogs) make sense to be associated with Roll Out. However, Roll Out is given to a lot of somewhat sphere-like pokemon regardless of typing whereas Psybeam is learned by mostly Psychic and Bug types and thus can more closely be associated with the typing of its user.

Someone noted that on serebii's forums actually.

The only things that learn Psybeam through levels are:
Psychic Types
Bug Types
Kecleon (Normal)
Porygon (Normal)
Misdreavos (Ghost)
Remoraid (Water)
Mantine (Water/Flying)

And obviously evolutions by extension of the above

Seems like a pretty strict set for the most part. Yes, exceptions exist, but seeing as the vast majority that learn Psybeam are Psychic or Bug, I'm sure some thought was put into it in that regard. If Fennekin is evolves into a Psychic type, handing it Psybeam as a mid-level Psychic move just makes a lot of sense.

And yes, comparing Psybeam to Rollout is silly. Rollout by comparison is learned by things all over the place with little consistency. The Rock typing has little to do with who uses it in that regard.

Someone made a comment about Lucky Chant being similar but looking at the list, it's a move all over the spectrum. Yeah, a decent number of psychic types learn it, but a lot of non-psychic types with no consistency among them do too. THis is not like Psybeam where the vast majority of those that learn it are either Psychic or Bug.

This guy gets it.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#30DarkKirby2500Posted 8/21/2013 1:35:54 PM
http://tinyurl.com/mx4ysrm
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>