This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who played/seen the demo, can trainers look in 8 directions?

#1DuncanwiiPosted 8/21/2013 12:50:54 PM
Because if they can it will be much harder to dodge trainers since you can't just stand under and to the left/right of them and wait for them to look away from you.
---
Sister-How would you feel if you were playing a game, and in that game, Mario was a baby? Me-I'd be playing Yoshi's Island, so I would be feeling great.
#2Lone_HunterPosted 8/21/2013 12:55:35 PM
Why are you dodging trainers? Be a man and just battle them.
---
~Elite Divided Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~(W2)2924-7521-0718
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLinkhawkins
#3Duncanwii(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 1:16:38 PM(edited)
Sometimes you have to. In a cave, nearing the end, your team is half dead and the only thing standing between you and a Pokemon Center is an Ace Trainer with 5 Pokemon. I would rather skip over him/her and heal up before battling him/her so as to have a fair fight.
---
Sister-How would you feel if you were playing a game, and in that game, Mario was a baby? Me-I'd be playing Yoshi's Island, so I would be feeling great.
#4rocknroller365Posted 8/21/2013 1:24:58 PM
Think you can escape Youngster Joey? THINK AGAIN.
---
The official Lapras of the Pokemon X board
#5NegaZeldaPosted 8/21/2013 1:28:13 PM
Or, those annoying Breeders in BW2 who challenge you every time they see you. If they implement that mechanic again, that'll just get bothersome really quickly. No, I do not want to bash your pathetic Lv.16 Marill into the ground every freaking time I'm trying to EV train/catch a specific Pokemon/find an item I forgot etc.

It was annoying that they were always stood just where they were able to see you in every direction if you tried to wander past at the wrong time. At the very least, make it so that we have to talk to them instead.
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
Black 2 FC: 0132-9980-0476 (Aki), 3DS FC: 5284-2520-2972
#6SteveBobPosted 8/21/2013 1:35:42 PM
In X and Y trainers HUNT YOU DOWN and force you to face them.

>_>
---
Would you kindly read this signature?...
PSN: SteveBob7 YouTube: SteveBob104
#7kaiser ryuPosted 8/21/2013 1:44:35 PM
NegaZelda posted...
Or, those annoying Breeders in BW2 who challenge you every time they see you. If they implement that mechanic again, that'll just get bothersome really quickly. No, I do not want to bash your pathetic Lv.16 Marill into the ground every freaking time I'm trying to EV train/catch a specific Pokemon/find an item I forgot etc.

It was annoying that they were always stood just where they were able to see you in every direction if you tried to wander past at the wrong time. At the very least, make it so that we have to talk to them instead.

God I know. It'd be one thing if the mechanic was reserved for particularly tough trainers in areas and were more off in an out of the way area. But... ugh.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#8MelkacPosted 8/21/2013 1:48:37 PM
NegaZelda posted...

There's always an alternate path to avoid them...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#9MasterSpectrobePosted 8/21/2013 2:48:44 PM
Melkac posted...
NegaZelda posted...

There's always an alternate path to avoid them...

This is true, most pokemon games require Assassin's Creed levels of stealth to pass trainers.
---
I pity the fool who takes this topic seriously >_>
#10RDS1Posted 8/21/2013 2:59:55 PM
...since it still uses a tile-based map, couldn't you avoid battling a trainer looking diagonally by walking diagonally through their line of sight?
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)