This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can we use the D pad to move?

#1RX0megaPosted 8/21/2013 2:38:34 PM
I won't not buy the game or something stupid if it isn't, but words cannot describe how much I despise using circle pads on portables as a way of moving, hated its guts on the PSP and I hate it almost (but not quiet) as much on the 3DS.

So it's something now a playable demo has been released might have become known or not, and since it kinda is one of the things that makes a game more enjoyable to me (and therefore is often the factor that either results in me moving on after seeing the credits of a game or sticking around for a while, and given this is Pokemon that "while" if it's in would be over 100 hours...) I figured I'd make a topic.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board
He who calls someone a fanboy as an insult is likely a fanboy themselves.
#2R0cks0l1ddPosted 8/21/2013 2:44:55 PM(edited)
D-Pad movement in 3D games is pointless. They could use the D-Pad for shortcuts in the menus or something useful. Do you actually enjoy any 3D games on portables?
---
Official everything of every board.
#3DweezleMoonunitPosted 8/21/2013 2:42:02 PM
I can't remember where, but somewhere I saw someone saying that u could only move with the D-pad in the demo.
---
At your current user level, 5, you are only allowed to post 10 messages every 24 hours. In the past 24 hours, you have posted 45 messages.
#4All-icePosted 8/21/2013 2:43:11 PM
D-Pad is so last Gen.
---
Currently owning Noobs on Pokemon Showdown and in BF3 on XBL
Waiting for Pokemon X and Y(10/12/13)
#5R0cks0l1ddPosted 8/21/2013 2:44:30 PM
DweezleMoonunit posted...
I can't remember where, but somewhere I saw someone saying that u could only move with the D-pad in the demo.

This would have been brought up and this video shows that it's not true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P83GIhzxKq0&feature=c4-overview&list=UU7tVVqmiO7aNBCtn-hhtapA
---
Official everything of every board.
#6RX0mega(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 3:10:50 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
D-Pad movement in 3D games is a pointless. They could use the D-Pad for shortcuts in the menus or something useful. Do you actually enjoy any 3D games on portables?

All-ice posted...
D-Pad is so last Gen.

Okay. That's it. I'm tired and that means incredibly agitated. Blunt ass time. Because seriously, I am sick of this. A site about asking a question and getting an answer never ends up doing that, it always devolves in to absolute crap.

If it was "pointless" they wouldn't have included it in Dissidia, and I might add it was a billion times more precise and better to use than the crappy nub. And while the circle pad isn't anywhere near as complete crap as that was it is still not even close to as precise as the D pad can be. The only sort of games it is superior is in games where controlling the speed of the avatar is actually required, which isn't in Pokemon.

Not to mention the Circle pad is far more prone to wear out than a d pad, and given SOME of us actually do things like breed Pokemon and other mundane crap like that we would rather use the d pad over the circle pad so we don't break said circle pad.

And talking about shortcuts on the 3DS of all systems is just...redundant. That's all the dumb touch screen is even good for now, using the dpad for them is frankly backwards and moronic on such a system. It is something games on systems that lack a billion buttons do, such as home consoles, to try and replicate the lack of a PC's keyboard. It is therefore not needed on a system with a honking gigantic screen that can have a gazillion hotlinks on it.

Why is it every single f***ing time I ask a simple "yes, this can do this" or "no, it cannot do this" type of closed question on this damn site I either get no responses, trolls, or people throwing out argument bait. I want a simple answer to a very simple question. That is all. And I am sick to death of starting topics on a site about doing just that and getting anything besides the f***ing answer.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board
He who calls someone a fanboy as an insult is likely a fanboy themselves.
#7DweezleMoonunitPosted 8/21/2013 3:12:35 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
DweezleMoonunit posted...

This would have been brought up and this video shows that it's not true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P83GIhzxKq0&feature=c4-overview&list=UU7tVVqmiO7aNBCtn-hhtapA

Ok, good then, I heard wrong.
---
At your current user level, 5, you are only allowed to post 10 messages every 24 hours. In the past 24 hours, you have posted 45 messages.
#8Duskull24Posted 8/21/2013 3:14:12 PM
RX0mega posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...
D-Pad movement in 3D games is a pointless. They could use the D-Pad for shortcuts in the menus or something useful. Do you actually enjoy any 3D games on portables?

All-ice posted...
D-Pad is so last Gen.

Okay. That's it. I'm tired and that means incredibly agitated. Blunt ass time. Because seriously, I am sick of this. A site about asking a question and getting an answer never ends up doing that, it always devolves in to absolute crap.

If it was "pointless" they wouldn't have included it in Dissidia, and I might add it was a billion times more precise and better to use than the crappy nub. And while the circle pad isn't anywhere near as complete crap as that was it is still not even close to as precise as the D pad can be. The only sort of games it is superior is in games where controlling the speed of the avatar is actually required, which isn't in Pokemon.

Not to mention the Circle pad is far more prone to wear out than a d pad, and given SOME of us actually do things like breed Pokemon and other mundane crap like that we would rather use the d pad over the circle pad so we don't break said circle pad.

And talking about shortcuts on the 3DS of all systems is just...redundant. That's all the dumb touch screen is even good for now, using the dpad for them is frankly backwards and moronic on such a system. It is something games on systems that lack a billion buttons do, such as home consoles, to try and replicate the lack of a PC's keyboard. It is therefore not needed on a system with a honking gigantic screen that can have a gazillion hotlinks on it.

Why is it every single f***ing time I ask a simple "yes, this can do this" or "no, it cannot do this" type of closed question on this damn site I either get no responses, trolls, or people throwing out argument bait. I want a simple answer to a very simple question. That is all. And I am sick to death of starting topics on a site about doing just that and getting anything besides the f***ing answer.

Welcome to GameFaqs.
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#9mudkip72Posted 8/21/2013 3:17:26 PM(edited)
I hope you can use the D-Pad. I primarily used the D-Pad in FE: Awakening because using the Circle Pad for grid-based movement and menu navigation felt inaccurate and made my hand cramp.
#10All-icePosted 8/21/2013 3:15:07 PM
Dissidia is a fighting game which probably needs precise direction inputs for a Special Attack?

Pokemon doesn't need precise direction -_-
---
"I've yet to ride a big phallus" ~ Naz ~ Count:2
If you have yet to ride a big phallus, pm me :3