This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can people be attracted to gardevoir and lopunny?

#51biohazard151Posted 8/21/2013 3:49:54 PM
Well, some people are attracted to sarah jessica parker. So i say anythings possible.
---
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"
#52RiKuToTheMiGhtYPosted 8/21/2013 3:53:51 PM
NaughtyGhost posted...

But the argument you're presenting about people is completely absurd. The large majority of people accept certain behaviors and appearances being traits of one gender over the other. It's not MY impression of what's normal. A transgender is intentionally dressing and behaving as the opposite sex. The proof is in the fact that we're even having this discussion, in order for you to be a transgender you have to have already accepted that certain traits, and dress styles belong to one gender over the other. Else, being a transgender would be impossible.

And it's a fallacy to state that anyone who disagrees or feels trapped by such people is a transphobe. "Oh, that NaughtyGhost, what a tool! He saw me wearing a dress and putting on makeup and thought I was a girl! Can you BE any more transphobic?"

With the people aspect it's as if you have to ask "are you a male or a female" or check in a very sexist and illegal manner which will send you to jail for sexual harassment or sexual assault. A male acting very feminine, and dressing that way as well is kind of a trap as some might not know it's a guy and depending on the age of both people it can send some very awkward signals and an even more awkward conversation when the person discovers "the girl I got a hard on for is actually not a girl" and vice versa for a girl.

I don't have any issues with transgenders but it can be very confusing and disturbing for some as gender behaviors and traits are there so most can easily tell the difference between a male and a female.
---
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.
#53ChaosMew161Posted 8/21/2013 3:56:56 PM
Hughs_Rage posted...
You just rustled the jimmies of 3/4 of the users here
run TC

RUN

---
When it comes to Pokemon, I like Generation V more than Generation I.
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5121-4760 (PM me if you added me with your FC!)
#54NaughtyGhostPosted 8/21/2013 3:58:20 PM
And that large majority of people is, more often than not, wrong for doing so.

This is, as you said, "piles and piles of bull." This is exactly why I have a problem with the vocal majority of your outspoken minority. You just up and decide to deliberately stand against what the rest of the world interprets as normal, then expect and demand they accept you completely and immediately and say they are wrong when they do not do so?

As for my limited understanding of transgenders, well, please enlighten me.

Oh, and implying that a person dressing and behaving as a female is not responsible for being perceived as female, and the person who approached is completely at wrong and accepts all responsibility, is laughable and vacuous.
---
Do not censor my voice, or soften my unit.
They must remain loud and rigid, respectively.
#55UnintelligentPosted 8/21/2013 4:03:47 PM
This topic has gone off the deep end in stupidity.
#56AtrabiliousPosted 8/21/2013 4:06:04 PM
I dunno, it just floats their boat.

I could see the case for Gardevoir I guess, it's humanoid and while it obviously isn't human, it's got the features to not be a complete departure from the norm. As close as a white and green chick with a flesh dress and a breastbone frisbee can be to the norm, I guess.

Lopunny's a rabbit. I don't see it at all, you'd have to ask a furry.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava/Godsbane Blade |
| PS3: Jazzy_Bones/PhantomOstrava |
#57Twilight_SonataPosted 8/21/2013 4:11:29 PM(edited)
NaughtyGhost posted...
This is exactly why I have a problem with the vocal majority of your outspoken minority. You just up and decide to deliberately stand against what the rest of the world interprets as normal, then expect and demand they accept you completely and immediately and say they are wrong when they do not do so?

I fail to see any problem with that. You think things are one way, you get shown that things are not that way, and so you change your mind. Doing anything otherwise is just stubborn. If a group of people think that 2+2=5, and a mathematician comes along and shows them that that's not true, and then the group gets mad at the mathematician and refuse to change their minds, then the mathematician is not the one being the jerk there. The truth is not a matter where majority rules.

As for my limited understanding of transgenders, well, please enlighten me.

I'd run into the character limit. I'll try to make it brief: Not everybody who's transgender desires to take on all aspects of the so-called "opposite" gender. It's more complicated then just a binary, and thinking of it as just a binary is only going to make it more confusing.

Oh, and implying that a person dressing and behaving as a female is not responsible for being perceived as female, and the person who approached is completely at wrong and accepts all responsibility, is laughable and vacuous.

I wonder, when your feeling "trapped" by transgender folks, if you take any time to consider how trapped they feel. Sorry, your feeling just doesn't compare to theirs. Try thinking about people other than yourself and having some empathy and sympathy.
#58NewMoonShadowPosted 8/21/2013 4:13:05 PM
NaughtyGhost posted...

There's nothing wrong with assuming someone who looks female is female. That's the point. It's how you respond to the knowledge that they're not female that's the issue, I feel. If you hit on someone who after a short conversation informed you they were male, would you punch them in the face for "lying" to you or simply say "Oh, sorry, no thanks, I'm not interested."

The phrase "trap" does kind of imply that any male dressing as a female is doing something inherently wrong and scary.
#59Yelnam-26Posted 8/21/2013 4:16:57 PM
*reads topic title*

Wait. Wait. What? people are actuall- I... I don't know what to see.
#60metroidman92Posted 8/21/2013 4:17:07 PM
Not entirely my cup of tea (really depends on the artist's style in this case) but it certainly is less creepy than mlp rule 34.
---
Xbox One: It's Good to Pay Together.
Politics... how tiresome.