This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The toughest gym leader pokemon in each generation

#21fedartzPosted 8/22/2013 6:26:05 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
What is it with Normal-type Gym Leaders always being the most frustrating?

Maybe because Its only weakness is female machop. And Bite cause flinch if you're not fast enough.
---
The True Lover of Tifa Lockheart
http://s14.postimg.org/hlh6lj9f3/My_HAwt_Tifa.gif
#22NumberXIPosted 8/22/2013 7:24:03 AM
1. Eh Misty's Starmie I guess just cause its a fully evolved/2nd Gym. I was whooped by all the Gym Leaders back then at one point but no Poke sticks out
2. Whitney's Miltank
3. Norman's Slaking
4. Byron's Bastiodon?? Byron was the only leader that was a decent challenge if unprepared
5. Clay's Excadrill-thing almost swept my overleveled party that included a Serperior.
#23P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/22/2013 8:15:39 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
5. The Trio Gym was difficult for me, as was Lenora's Watchog, Clay's Excadrill, and Drayden. I never got why people said these games were too easy, because it's probably the first gen I actually struggled with some of the gym leaders (though that might be because I used my starter the entire game, and we all know how great they were)

What- how did you have trouble in Striaton Gym? You are given a Pokémon with the advantage over the leader's strongest Pokémon practically right next to the Gym!

And the starters were just fine. I kept Emboar on my team in Black, never regretted it once. Matter of fact, B/W's Gym Leaders were only too easy for me.

Cress: Tepig took out Lillipup, Pansage took out Panpour.
Lenora: Two words: Pignite sweep.
Burgh: I think I used Zorua against Dwebble, but it was mainly Swoobat and Pignite that handled Burgh's team.
Elesa: The Emolga duo were easy enough to tackle, and Simisage OHKO'd Zebstrika with Seed Bomb.
Clay: Two words: Simisage sweep. I think Pignite helped out against Excadrill, though.
Skyla: If memory serves, Klang did most of the work with its Electric attacks. I think I used Zoroark against Swoobat, though- I know I used it in the match, because when I exited the Gym, N talked to my Zoroark.
Brycen: This one was all Emboar. I want to say Basculin (Red-Striped) had a hand (fin?) in it, but I don't know for certain.
Drayden: This one was kinda tough. No real type advantages to speak of- nothing I had knew any Dragon or Ice moves (the Ice Beam TM was post-game, and Basculin couldn't learn Blizzard). I believe Emboar handled Fraxure, I'm not entirely sure... I want to say I used Swoobat against Druddigon... But I know for a fact how I tackled Haxorus- 2HKO'd with Zoroark's Foul Play.

Most of my pokemon were too weak to take out his pokemon before they had boosted their stats enough to take out my team, and my monkey was never up to level with his.

As for the rest, I never used Tepig in any of my playthroughs, and I didn't like Timburr either, so I didn't have a good Fighting type until Mienfoo near Iccirus
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#24DragrathPosted 8/25/2013 8:57:16 PM
Gen 1 Brock(everything I had was weak to rock)
Gen 2 Whitney THAT MILTANK!!!!
Gen 3 Tate and Liz they gave me some serious problems back then...
Gen 4 not sure... maybe Volkner? my teams were usually at least 5-10 levels higher than them so...
Gen 5 Lenora so much raging... particularly that Watchog...
#25Ice_birdPosted 8/25/2013 9:26:35 PM
Gen 1: Misty's Starmie (I've gotten stuck between her and Blue before)
Gen 2: Bugsy's Scyther (It is evil in HG/SS if you start with Chikorita stupid U-Turn)
Gen 3: Tate and Liz's Claydol (The entire team is built around its Earthquake)
Gen 4: The grass gym's Cherrim (I could beat it but leech seed and stun spore made the other two a pain.)
Gen 5: Drayden's Druddigon (I could not kill this thing it just took all of my hits and kept going.)
---
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7901-8681
PM me if you register me so I can register you
#26smallface_gray(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 4:44:20 AM
To everyone complaining about Whitney... I caught a Heracross after headbutting trees and freakin' demolished her team once it learned brick break. (In HGSS, of course)
#27Sjoerd90Posted 8/26/2013 11:59:49 AM
1. Starmie, easily the best gym pokémon in Generation I, although Alakazam makes a good second.
2. Miltank, just freaking hard if you're a bit underleveled.
3. Claydol + Xatu is hell
4. Easy
5. Gym leaders are easy (except Excadrill), but the Champion was quite good without a Haxorus.

From Gen IV, I just trained a dragon pokémon (Gible, Axew) and let him or her do all the sweeping).
---
Pokemon White FC: 0776 4226 3443
#28Hughs_RagePosted 8/26/2013 12:13:14 PM
GEN 1: Sabrina was the only one that gave me any sort of trouble
GEN 2: Morty's Gengar was annoying
GEN 3: Wattson without a Ground type/Ground move
GEN 4: D/P Fantina
GEN 5: B/W Elesa
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
QWILFISH for Smash 4! Also waiting on Qwilfish's Megalution, QWILSHARK!
#29MetaDeDeDePosted 8/26/2013 12:24:08 PM
Gen 1: Misty. That Starmie of her is annoying. Kanto gym Leader don't give me much troble otherwise
Gen 2: Clair. Her Kingdra is only weak to dragon but that main problem with it is that your pokemon and the trainer are bound to be in the level 40s making Dragonite inpossible to get and Dratini is severly underlevel making her the lake of fire to beat. Even if you beat her she make you go to the Dragon's Den.
Gen 3 Liza and Tate. Solrock and Lunatone are very bulky ingame and have great syrney once Light screen and Reflect are up.
Gen 4 Candice. It the puzzle that trips me, not the pokemon
Gen 5 Cheren. That Lillipup has insane bulk for an early game poke and it took a Lucario for me to pass it. The rest was easy.
---
What do you guys think about the fairy type?
Snorlax: This is delicious. Iris: O_O Charizard: Doe this mean i am in OU now? Pikachu: No es fake.