This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: Mega Charizard's ability

#21bd43Posted 8/22/2013 6:44:32 AM
Lexifox posted...
Also might as well

1. Fire/Dragon makes it weak to Earthquake and Dragon (two very common attacking types), takes its Fighting resistance (also very common), and barely mitigates its Water weakness because everyone loves Rain.

2a. The ability to eat entry hazards means it loses Blaze and Solar Power.
2b. It has no way to boost its average Special Attack and thus

3. It still has a fairly small movepool that's far too dependent on sun.

4. Its stats are pretty average still.

1 will probably change as dragon type moves see reduced use.

2 would likely be aided by said form. Each of these pokemon is getting a boost to one or two stats, they wouldn't make him the exception.

3 will probably be fixed slightly by this game if Ampharos is any indication.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#22LexifoxPosted 8/22/2013 7:06:55 AM
bd43 posted...
1 will probably change as dragon type moves see reduced use.

2 would likely be aided by said form. Each of these pokemon is getting a boost to one or two stats, they wouldn't make him the exception.

3 will probably be fixed slightly by this game if Ampharos is any indication.

1. If they see reduced usage, it's because of Fairy Pokemon, meaning Charizard at a disadvantage again. One of its STAB attacking types is going to be walled.

2. Not every Pokemon has been confirmed as getting boosts. Ampharos is an example, and all of the promo stuff (http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/ for example) talk about stats for every Pokemon but Ampharos, whose type change is emphasized. Note that it's also the only Pokemon getting a type change. It's entirely likely that they may be the changing of types/ability to be enough.

3. All we know about Ampharos is that it's getting Dragon Pulse to facilitate its new STAB. If Charizard were to gain the Dragon type, it already has Dragon Pulse/Claw, Outrage, etc.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#23Sloth9230Posted 8/22/2013 7:20:26 AM
Lexifox posted...
My reaction is "...So basically an inferior Magic Guard?".

smashman92 posted...
Flying types should be immune to stealth rock. That's a good nerf.

Also, Charizard will always be awesome

Stealth Rock exists purely because Flying Pokemon are immune to entry hazards.

But... why? Flying is almost as bad a typing as normal type, there was no need to nerf it by introducing SR. I can think of almost no pokemon who is better because it's a flying type.

Pokemon who benefit from flying typing?
Aerodactyl, fighting and ground are terrible weaknesses
Archeops, except not really

Flying didn't need a nerf, it is a nerf :P
#24Meta289Posted 8/22/2013 8:21:17 AM
Guys, Charizard is still going to get hit by Stealth Rocks. Mega evolution doesn't happen automatically.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#25MetaDeDeDePosted 8/22/2013 8:33:27 AM
The only Solution to stop steath rock is to get a pokemon like Magic Guard Xatu and outpredict your opponet and make them eat their rock our keep it their to pervent the opponent from using Rock to make a safe entry for Charizard.

Even if Zard become Fire/Dragon it would lose 1/4 of it health.

At Least Fairy Type Attack doen't OHKO Zard unlike the other dragon thank to It's fire sub type and that also prevent Steels like Skarmory from walling it as well.

If Charizard become Fire/Dragon, all it would need is Fire Blast and Dragon Pulse as it's moves and have Roost to restore it health. It could have Hidden Power Ice as a bonus to knock out actual Dragons.

Just think about how how good would Mega Charizard be if it become Fire/Dragon
---
What do you guys think about the fairy type?
Snorlax: This is delicious. Iris: O_O Charizard: Doe this mean i am in OU now? Pikachu: No es fake.
#26ceedofevilPosted 8/22/2013 8:34:00 AM
MegaCharizard's ability: Hazard Pay: If MegaCharizard is damage by a entry hazard move like Stealth Rock or Spikes, it's defense (special & physical) is increased greatly.
---
Wheel of Morality turn, turn, turn. Teach us the lesson we should learn.
#27Volren617Posted 8/22/2013 8:48:14 AM
These topics are so predictable.

So far we have immune, auto-spin and health recovery (LOL) and defense boosts if hit by hazards.

Keep em coming guys! Where's the "the opponent takes hazard damage instead of Charizard?"

Ofc the irony will continue to be that every single one will still be useless if it can't swtich in in Mega form already.
#28MM125Posted 8/22/2013 10:53:45 AM
Umuru posted...
Doesn't make sense. You have to manually activate Mega Evolution.

---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#29LexifoxPosted 8/22/2013 7:14:10 PM
MetaDeDeDe posted...
If Charizard become Fire/Dragon, all it would need is Fire Blast and Dragon Pulse as it's moves and have Roost to restore it health. It could have Hidden Power Ice as a bonus to knock out actual Dragons.

I already covered this. It doesn't have the SpA to be a high tier threat, and STAB DP won't be a particular boon if Fairy is running rampant. As far as HP Ice? There are not a wealth of Dragon Pokemon it can one-shot before taking an Outrage/Draco Meteor.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#30bd43Posted 8/22/2013 7:26:09 PM
Lexifox posted...
MetaDeDeDe posted...

I already covered this. It doesn't have the SpA to be a high tier threat, and STAB DP won't be a particular boon if Fairy is running rampant. As far as HP Ice? There are not a wealth of Dragon Pokemon it can one-shot before taking an Outrage/Draco Meteor.

To be fair, though, you assumed that I was saying that Charizard would gain dragon type moves when it could very well learn a fairy type move or a move of another type. I mean, it's a bit presumptuous to say Ampharos is onlt getting Dragon pulse.

As for no mention of a stat boost for Ampharos, I can admt I thought I saw something but I guess not. So then I'll just say it may come down to how they apply the stat boost.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.