This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A question about the batteries in the older Pokemon games

#1AzardeaPosted 8/22/2013 12:13:23 PM
I know this is slightly off topic, but anyway.
Apparently the battery which holds your save can run out in the older games, causing the saved game to disappear and make it impossible to save. My question is, for how long will the batteries last in my Sapphire and Ruby games, approximately? And, when were these batteries replaced with flash memory? In FR/LG?

Decided I wanted to check out my old Silver team, and to my horror, the battery had died.
---
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is a mediocre game.
#2mehmetskiPosted 8/22/2013 12:14:52 PM
the battery in RSE doesnt affect your save state any more. you can play even if the battery is dead.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#3Azardea(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 12:50:09 PM
Oh sweet, so they use flash memory like the later games?
---
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is a mediocre game.
#4RayCRPPosted 8/22/2013 2:02:51 PM
The DS games and later use flash-based game cards. Game Boy Advance and earlier use ROM cartridges, with a battery to power the ability to save and run the clock. If your battery is dead, you can still play the game, but you can't save, nor will your berries grow.
#5mehmetskiPosted 8/22/2013 2:03:59 PM
RayCRP posted...
The DS games and later use flash-based game cards. Game Boy Advance and earlier use ROM cartridges, with a battery to power the ability to save and run the clock. If your battery is dead, you can still play the game, but you can't save, nor will your berries grow.

thats plain wrong. i have sapphire, the battery is dead and i cant grow berries. anyway, i can still save.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#6SirPikachuPosted 8/22/2013 2:05:45 PM
mehmetski posted...
RayCRP posted...

thats plain wrong. i have sapphire, the battery is dead and i cant grow berries. anyway, i can still save.

Yea, I can confirm this too, the battery only affects time.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.