This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2 Types for 1 move

#1Bigtymer113Posted 8/22/2013 8:13:31 PM
Is this in X and Y?

I had an idea the other day (I'm guessing people have had it before) that some moves would be dual type.

For Example:

"Kamikaze" - Fire/Electric

PP- 5
Base Power - 140
Accuracy - 70

Pokemon's Sp Atk drops 1 stage after using this move.

So If it were Fire and electric it would be neutral to water but also neutral to grass...but super effective against flying...

I'm doing an awful job at explaining this and used probably the worst example ever but does anyone see what I'm getting at? Like if the developers made a move that was both Dragon/Ice so when you used it against Dragon pokemon the move would be 2x as powerful.

It has its pros and cons especially when it comes to competitive play but I think if they implemented it well it could be a pretty cool addition.
---
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game. -gunsndroses
GT: Swizzy Dangles
#2xXFlam1ng_N1nJaPosted 8/22/2013 8:15:16 PM
Never gonna happen. Just like fairy never happened...
But seriously, never gonna happen.
---
No one cares what you're currently playing or what games you look forward to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9k9x0ld0cI
#3Bigtymer113(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 8:16:49 PM
never say never the devs are on this board right now jotting down this topic
---
#4Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/22/2013 8:18:43 PM
I hope something like this never happens.

You'd have a what certain dual types getting hit for 16X damage or potential 8X. (I'm messing up my math but I'm so tired I don't care)

It's fruity and would destroy most anything GF/Nintendo has tried to accomplish with some balance.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#5azure556Posted 8/22/2013 8:20:40 PM
im very sure that mega pokemon already disrupted that balance quite abit already...
#6xXFlam1ng_N1nJaPosted 8/22/2013 8:21:25 PM
I might be able to see it implemented if dual types got a dual-typed move that only dual-typed pokemon of that type could use. Too much chaos.
---
No one cares what you're currently playing or what games you look forward to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9k9x0ld0cI
#7Bigtymer113(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 8:22:01 PM
It would probably end up being OP...but if they put in some counters that could completely nullify the dual type moves I think it would add a whole other element. Maybe not make the dual type moves very powerful. Or have the moves be dual type but only useful in certain situations or you have to take 2 turns to use them...idk. Just spitballin' some ideas
---
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/22/2013 8:22:32 PM
azure556 posted...
im very sure that mega pokemon already disrupted that balance quite abit already...

I disagree.

Most Uber Pokemon with Megaevos, are already in the power rumble tier, so it doesn't matter.

Even if Kangaskahn jumps a tier, at OU (even BL) it'll get eaten alive, and aside from Lucario, I don't see any major problems considering those given stat boosts and the like are crap to begin with. (Even if I like them such as Absol)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#9Bigtymer113(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 8:26:30 PM
I might be able to see it implemented if dual types got a dual-typed move that only dual-typed pokemon of that type could use. Too much chaos.

This also could work. It makes much more sense if you were playing than the game than explaining on gamefaqs
---
#10GollyFluffPosted 8/22/2013 8:27:22 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
I hope something like this never happens.

You'd have a what certain dual types getting hit for 16X damage or potential 8X. (I'm messing up my math but I'm so tired I don't care)

It's fruity and would destroy most anything GF/Nintendo has tried to accomplish with some balance.

It could be 36 times damage. If a geodude got hit by a grass and water attack by by a grass and water pokemon, you'd get two STAB bonuses, and quad weakness to both types. That's 1.5^2*4*4=36. Even if the attack had 10 base power, it would be a monster against any foe of the right type. Sure its over kill. Hell, the STAB bonuses alone make the idea imbalanced.
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."