This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Here are all of my ideas to deepen and improve breeding (TL;DR Warning)

#31NessEggmanPosted 8/23/2013 1:51:48 AM
Oh, I didn't realize the everstone would still work. I assumed since it wasn't in the item list that it had been 'removed' (since this was a revamp, I figured it'd be exhaustive)

Well, I have no complaints about this system then. I've always wanted a breeding system that took work but reduced the luck.

Setting up a Ditto harem requires the tedium of waiting on the RNG, but you only have to do it ONCE.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#32JoJoX200Posted 8/23/2013 2:03:12 AM
TC, I love and hate this at the same time. This system is great. I'd love for it to be actually that involved(for the record, I love Chao breeding in Sonic games or monster breeding in DQM titles exactly because it's more complex than pokemon). It makes sense, gives you an actual chance to increase your chances in a way besides RNG or having a perfect Ditto lying around and siginificatly cuts the time you usually spend doing the same thing over and over.

Now, what I hate about it, is that I now wish it was true despite it probably never happening unless you started working there(same chances, really). I know it's naive, but I wish GF would take up advice this thought through if you sent it to them. I think the level of thought put into this whole system would make its realization well deserved.
#33PheonixFFire7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 2:05:04 AM
bd43 posted...
Abilities, natures, IVs all seem to be a little too involved.

Despite 25 combinations, you still have to find the right parents. Only 5 of the 25 natures work. So catching a mom and dad of the right nature in the wild is 1/25th, the same as the odds of finding the pokemon for the everstone or going random on the egg, but with less options. Leave it random but add a few items.

Abilities being tied to females may seem tedious and wonky in sone cases, but this is also simpler than some math formula, meanng you can potentially botch 20% of the litter or more.

IVs can be improved via breeding without requiring a complex layout. I think breeders should be rewarded with better pokemon, but they shouldn't need a almanac to foretell the stat layout.

-Yes, you still have to find the right parents. My goal was not to eliminate needing to mix and match correctly; in fact, it was the whole point to encourage more of that. And your math seems off to me...how could the odds of finding a pair still be 1/25 if there are literally 5 times the number of usable natures than the current system, where there's only 1? I find it unlikely that during your ENTIRE play through of the game, you didn't catch a single pair of Pokemon with overlapping Egg Groups that didnt have at least 1 of the corresponding natures that you could use. And even if you didnt, I bet there's at least an easy method to just chain breed for one of those 5 natures to get something usable. And even if all of THAT still fails - the same exact options you currently have are still available to you. Get a Synchronize Pokemon and hunt for a usable wild Pokemon (which is now easier to do, since there are 5 different natures that would work, instead of just 1).

-The Ability formula is no different than how it already is. Only, instead of the remaining 20% chance being totally random, it's simply tied to the male's Ability instead. Its simpler. And with it, you can guaranteed a 100% chance to pass desired Abilities.

-The IV layout I suggested was in no way complicated. It checks for Power Items, just like the current system does. Then it checks for 3 random IVs to pass down, just like the current system does (though with mine, it ONLY does it for 31 IVs to avoid stupid dice rolls). Then with whatever's left over it just picks the highest and lowest IV and passed that along. If ALL of that goes through and the Pokemon still doesnt have IVs in everything, THEN the game will randomize whatever's remaining....just like the current system does. Literally all I did was add two more easy steps and tweaked one step to remove a large degree of randomness.
#34PheonixFFire7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 2:08:09 AM
NessEggman posted...
Oh, I didn't realize the everstone would still work. I assumed since it wasn't in the item list that it had been 'removed' (since this was a revamp, I figured it'd be exhaustive)

Well, I have no complaints about this system then. I've always wanted a breeding system that took work but reduced the luck.

Setting up a Ditto harem requires the tedium of waiting on the RNG, but you only have to do it ONCE.

Yeah, I knew I should've put the existing Item effects on that list. I debated it because I knew it was already really long and I didnt want to bog it down even further with descriptions for things that already exist.
#35Lucidious89Posted 8/24/2013 9:16:04 PM
El Bumpo