This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

thoughts about the gen 6 starters thus far.

#1paiprPosted 8/23/2013 2:33:13 PM
to start let me say ive been planning to use chespin the grass starter from reveal. grass is my favorite type and i dont really plan to change. that said,

chespin seems to be getting little hype. but in that i feel it has lots of possibilities as, we really dont know what to expect. the whole "hard shell" thing makes it seem strongly possible he will have high defenses, which sounds odd since, grass is not in any way the strongest defensive type (how you do that ferrothorn?)

fennekin has the "what if?" factor going for it with people wondering if we will get stuck with another fire/fighting starter line, but with the heavy possibility of it being a fire/psychic line. but at the same time, it also while adorable, is so bland its hard to decide what it will do when it evolves (typing aside i really hope it stays on all fours for each stage)

froakie, what started as my least favorite has grown on me. and it also seems to be getting lots of attention. more than the other two we seem to have an idea of its 'general' character and a strong hint in its direction. so much about it seems to hint at a swift ninja. add to that im guessing its gonna be a spotlight pokemon in the show when the xy series starts (which worries me with this seemingly decreasing its chances to evolve)

so what are your thoughts? opinions on what ive said?
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#2Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 8/23/2013 2:34:31 PM
Chespin = GOD

Fennekin = Cute little fox ;)

Froakie = Fugly as a raisin ball
---
3DS_FC_1907-8641-1413
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
#3Edgemaster70000Posted 8/23/2013 2:34:56 PM
My thoughts are the same as they always have been, I will not pick my starter until I see what their final form is.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
There's a point when trolling stops being funny.....When it starts.
#4Misdreavus573Posted 8/23/2013 2:46:13 PM
Fennekin- Loved it from the moment I saw it. And with it likely being Fire/Psychic, it might end up being my favorite starter yet. Almost certainly my starter of choice (unless they screw up monumentally with its evo somehow.)

Froakie- Still ugly. Being a ninja hasn't changed that, especially since ninjas are kind of overdone and overrated.

Chespin- Initially didn't like it, but it's grown on me a little. If they do screw up Fennekin, Chespin would be my second choice.
#5RotomGuy3Posted 8/23/2013 2:48:45 PM
Froakie - Liked from the start. My favourite animal is a frog.

Chespin - I usually always pick Grass Starters. If Froakie wasn't a frog, I would of gone with Chespin.

Fennekin - Tarnishing the name of the cute Fennec Fox. BURN IT, BU- uhhhh, SOAK IT, SOAK IT WITH WATER!
#6RotomGuy3Posted 8/23/2013 2:49:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7aggron306Posted 8/23/2013 2:49:52 PM
chespin: oshawotts inbred cousin

fennekin: furries ugh

froakie: all hail froakie (no, it's not becuase of the ninja thing)
#8DrakoVongola1Posted 8/23/2013 2:50:32 PM
Froakie: Awesome

Chespin: Awesomer

Fennekin: Awesomerest.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#9Bushido20Posted 8/23/2013 5:03:22 PM
Edgemaster70000 posted...
My thoughts are the same as they always have been, I will not pick my starter until I see what their final form is.

This
---
"It's called Xbox One because it took 359 steps backwards!"
#10GrimlockSmashPosted 8/23/2013 5:05:17 PM
aggron306 posted...
chespin: oshawotts inbred cousin

fennekin: furries ugh

froakie: all hail froakie (no, it's not becuase of the ninja thing)

LMAO.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 2710-1782-3720
GT: DvA Infamy