This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

thoughts about the gen 6 starters thus far.

#11SerrinPosted 8/23/2013 5:38:19 PM
Edgemaster70000 posted...
My thoughts are the same as they always have been, I will not pick my starter until I see what their final form is.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f0ef3cb1905ab06db4eab70dd13b2791/tumblr_mgivpx52411r4e6sio1_500.png
---
I like girls, but now, it's about justice.
XBL GT: Synthed
#12ecylisPosted 8/23/2013 5:39:13 PM
Chespin - Don't care about it
Fennekin - OK, best of the bunch
Froakie - Ugly
#13hyperdimeduckPosted 8/23/2013 5:43:09 PM
Froakie: Cute

Fennikin: It's alright

Chespin: Looks goofy and dumb
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Kintoki-Doji and Isabeau of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#14Blue_ItemPosted 8/23/2013 6:05:34 PM
Fennekin: Most likely my choice, I'm fond of both fire starters and foxes.

Froakie: Slowly growing on me, it's appearance in the demo really helped. I'm sorta hoping we'll get a cuter water starter for once, or at least a less bulky one by the time its final evolution rolls around.

Chespin: Hatred. Not a fan of the design, and it doesn't help that it looking like a chipmunk reminds me of a rather clingy friend I'm doing my best to avoid.
#15joker120Posted 8/23/2013 6:19:05 PM
paipr posted...
to start let me say ive been planning to use chespin the grass starter from reveal. grass is my favorite type and i dont really plan to change. that said,

chespin seems to be getting little hype. but in that i feel it has lots of possibilities as, we really dont know what to expect. the whole "hard shell" thing makes it seem strongly possible he will have high defenses, which sounds odd since, grass is not in any way the strongest defensive type (how you do that ferrothorn?)

fennekin has the "what if?" factor going for it with people wondering if we will get stuck with another fire/fighting starter line, but with the heavy possibility of it being a fire/psychic line. but at the same time, it also while adorable, is so bland its hard to decide what it will do when it evolves (typing aside i really hope it stays on all fours for each stage)

froakie, what started as my least favorite has grown on me. and it also seems to be getting lots of attention. more than the other two we seem to have an idea of its 'general' character and a strong hint in its direction. so much about it seems to hint at a swift ninja. add to that im guessing its gonna be a spotlight pokemon in the show when the xy series starts (which worries me with this seemingly decreasing its chances to evolve)

so what are your thoughts? opinions on what ive said?

I was froakie from the start and him being a ninja was just icing on the cake but I don't think the spotlight factor will stop him from evolving. Most of the Non-evolvers had two things going for them personality and cuteness(people debate oshawott's cuteness but still). Froakie's personality so far show's him as a fighter and a general badass(so far) (he has that treecko vibe from what little we have seen thus far). He looks like he will be the one constantly involved in fights like the ones that evovle. He is also considered ugly by many people and does not have a necessarily cute design) He probably has the least cute design of all starters along with Treecko and Chimchar. I think this is good indication of him being able to evolve(please let a water starter get some shine for once.). If they do it like advanced generation I think Froakie will be like treecko.

Chespin: I like it a lot and think there is potential for some cool designs. He will be my second playthrough starter.

Fennekin: I feel really meh about it. It is really popular with the crowd but I personally do not see the appeal. It could end up with a cool design for it's evolutions so I am not writing it off just yet.
---
soul silver FC:1505 7978 9391; pearl FC:3911 0786 2278
#16Puma_ItaliaPosted 8/23/2013 6:19:36 PM
Fennekin is pretty cute.
---
Pokemon White 2- 0347-7093-6129
#17Edgemaster70000Posted 8/23/2013 6:46:56 PM
Serrin posted...
My thoughts are the same as they always have been, I will not pick my starter until I see what their final form is.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f0ef3cb1905ab06db4eab70dd13b2791/tumblr_mgivpx52411r4e6sio1_500.png

Had those been the real evos, I would pick Froakie.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
There's a point when trolling stops being funny.....When it starts.
#18RemixV4Posted 8/23/2013 7:05:47 PM
Fenniken 9/10 I like foxes, and he's cute.

Chespin 7/10 He's an otter, so that's cool.

Froakie 8/10 Ninja frog! He would have 9 points if he had clouds instead of bubbles.

I'm surprised I like them all this gen.
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#19joker120Posted 8/23/2013 7:06:19 PM
Serrin posted...

Had those been the real evos, I would pick Froakie.

Fraokie's second stage cool but the last stage is a big WTF
---
soul silver FC:1505 7978 9391; pearl FC:3911 0786 2278