This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Hidden Machines" and "Technical Machines"

#21kagster123Posted 8/25/2013 3:32:52 AM
GBeastMegamanBX posted...
I think the reason you need to move deleter to unlearn HM's is because you cannot just forget how to swim, fly, cut etc.... those are passive abilities and as such, need a person who specializes in forgetting things to accomplish just that.

How does a flying Pokemon ever forget how to fly?

ffs GF.

Yanmega can't fly but a Zubat can?

Pokemon logic is too epic for words.
---
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
B1-3955 8779 8112
#22GBeastMegamanBXPosted 8/25/2013 3:41:16 AM
kagster123 posted...
I think the reason you need to move deleter to unlearn HM's is because you cannot just forget how to swim, fly, cut etc.... those are passive abilities and as such, need a person who specializes in forgetting things to accomplish just that.

ffs GF.

negative reinforcement lol they just don't show it or even hint it to avoid PETA.
---
"I noticed your beautiful hair right away" - Minato to Kushina
#23GoGoatPosted 8/25/2013 4:33:59 AM
Came in to post that comic of the trainer making his Bellsprout cut a tree without the right badge.

...but I can't find it :(
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595
#24LexifoxPosted 8/25/2013 4:50:16 AM
http://www.rarecandytreatment.com/comics/1353297/cutting-the-law/
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#25kagster123Posted 8/25/2013 4:56:19 AM
kagster123 posted...

ffs GF.

negative reinforcement lol they just don't show it or even hint it to avoid PETA.

The worst part is when one reads Yanmega's dex entries.

"Can easily transport a human in flight."

Wat.
---
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
B1-3955 8779 8112
#26mjc0961Posted 8/25/2013 5:01:46 AM(edited)
Darth_Kamcio posted...
mehmetski posted...
earlier, tms had the downside that they are only teachable once, and hms had the downside that they couldnt be unlearnt in a natural way but were reusable. now that tms are reusable too, i think its really stupid that we still need a move deleter for hms.

It's not stupid. It's to prevent all kinds of situations. The pokemon you're surfing on suddenly forgot Surf during a battle? You are on some island and both your Flyer and Surfer forgot their HMs? Or perhaps you're in the middle of a forest and none of your pokemon know Cut because "chainsaw cutter of awesomeness" has stab and more base power?
You're screwed.

Or wait, you actually are not, because GF is smart enough not to let that happen.

Exactly. You're not screwed because GF now has you carry all HMs in your bag at all times. If you learned the HM move once, you can learn it again by using the HM again. Therefore there is no valid reason to make HM moves only removable by a move deleter.

Oh wait, you didn't think of that and made an ass out of yourself, didn't you?

Darth_Kamcio posted...
You do have a point with the ability to teach them the HM once more. But that one thing: what happens when you make a pokemon forget surf when you are surfing on it? Or when you delete any HM move you are using at the moment?

First of all, considering Surf is the only possible one on your list (you cannot learn a new move while in the middle of flying, cutting, going up a waterfall, climbing up a rock wall, or smashing a rock if those last two are still HMs), you can stop trying so hard. And second, in the very rare instance where someone tries to delete Surf while surfing, the game can just say "hey, you can't do that!". Problem solved. Now just admit you were wrong and apologize to mehmetski for being so rude.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#27LexifoxPosted 8/25/2013 8:21:33 AM
kagster123 posted...
kagster123 posted...

ffs GF.

Wat.

It can. It's just too good to carry you around.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#28GBeastMegamanBXPosted 8/25/2013 9:24:57 AM
kagster123 posted...
kagster123 posted...

ffs GF.

Wat.

I'd guess with Yanmega's case, due to its speed boost ability, he/she cannot learn fly for gameplay purposes.
---
"I noticed your beautiful hair right away" - Minato to Kushina
#29Darth_KamcioPosted 8/25/2013 1:04:27 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Darth_Kamcio posted...
mehmetski posted...
earlier, tms had the downside that they are only teachable once, and hms had the downside that they couldnt be unlearnt in a natural way but were reusable. now that tms are reusable too, i think its really stupid that we still need a move deleter for hms.

It's not stupid. It's to prevent all kinds of situations. The pokemon you're surfing on suddenly forgot Surf during a battle? You are on some island and both your Flyer and Surfer forgot their HMs? Or perhaps you're in the middle of a forest and none of your pokemon know Cut because "chainsaw cutter of awesomeness" has stab and more base power?
You're screwed.

Or wait, you actually are not, because GF is smart enough not to let that happen.

Exactly. You're not screwed because GF now has you carry all HMs in your bag at all times. If you learned the HM move once, you can learn it again by using the HM again. Therefore there is no valid reason to make HM moves only removable by a move deleter.

Oh wait, you didn't think of that and made an ass out of yourself, didn't you?

Darth_Kamcio posted...
You do have a point with the ability to teach them the HM once more. But that one thing: what happens when you make a pokemon forget surf when you are surfing on it? Or when you delete any HM move you are using at the moment?

First of all, considering Surf is the only possible one on your list (you cannot learn a new move while in the middle of flying, cutting, going up a waterfall, climbing up a rock wall, or smashing a rock if those last two are still HMs), you can stop trying so hard. And second, in the very rare instance where someone tries to delete Surf while surfing, the game can just say "hey, you can't do that!". Problem solved. Now just admit you were wrong and apologize to mehmetski for being so rude.

While your solution is the best that could be done without overhauling the hm system, I have absolutely nothing to apologize for.
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
#30bobstevens23123Posted 8/25/2013 1:11:17 PM
I guess because TM's are moves that certain pokemon can learn, but it isn't part of their "growth" aka level up move set while HM's are moves that said pokemon should know as it is something passive to certain pokemon, but it is just hidden within them until they "learn" to use it.

Isn't fly an hm though? Pokemon learn fly trough lvl up. At least requaza does and I'm sure others do as well
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66777096